Club Hockey Team Faces Rochester Ice Cats
The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey team took to the ice on Sunday, January 19, to play against the Rochester Ice Cats, a local team for people ages 8-40 that specializes in providing training in the game of ice hockey for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Ice Cats won the game, and then the Fisher team hosted the opponents for an after-party that included a raffle which sent every Ice Cat player home with a prize.
This game was one of several community service initiatives completed by the team this year. They also volunteered at the Camp Good Days and Special Times’ Kazoo Fest over the holidays, and will be helping with this summer’s Finger Lakes International Wine Competition that benefits Camp.
“The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey Team is committed to doing what they can on and off the ice to better the Rochester community. Volunteering helps our student athletes learn a lot, but more importantly, it allows them a chance to grow personally and bond with each other. Not only are they gaining experience, but they are building relationships with people that we hope will continue long after graduation,” said Phil Martello ’12, Assistant Coach.
The team’s full schedule can be found on their website.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation