Club Hockey Team Faces Rochester Ice Cats
The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey team took to the ice on Sunday, January 19, to play against the Rochester Ice Cats, a local team for people ages 8-40 that specializes in providing training in the game of ice hockey for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Ice Cats won the game, and then the Fisher team hosted the opponents for an after-party that included a raffle which sent every Ice Cat player home with a prize.
This game was one of several community service initiatives completed by the team this year. They also volunteered at the Camp Good Days and Special Times’ Kazoo Fest over the holidays, and will be helping with this summer’s Finger Lakes International Wine Competition that benefits Camp.
“The St. John Fisher College Club Hockey Team is committed to doing what they can on and off the ice to better the Rochester community. Volunteering helps our student athletes learn a lot, but more importantly, it allows them a chance to grow personally and bond with each other. Not only are they gaining experience, but they are building relationships with people that we hope will continue long after graduation,” said Phil Martello ’12, Assistant Coach.
The team’s full schedule can be found on their website.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance