Junior First Gens “Fall into Fun”
Members of the First Generation Class of 2015 hosted their class project for the youth of Iglesia Santidad Pentecostal Church on Sunday, November 10, which included the “Fall into Fun” book drive.
Over 30 youth attended the event, which also featured a variety of activity stations created by the scholars. The children and their families participated in toilet paper mummy races, bingo, face painting, basketball, pin the feather on the turkey, and arts and crafts projects.
The “Fall into Fun” book drive was the main attraction of the day. The Fisher community contributed over 250 books to the cause, and each child who attended the event took home a handful of books to read. The remaining books were donated to the church for classrooms and other children in the neighborhood.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement