Fisher and Waterford Institute of Technology Sign Agreement
Last week, Dr. Donald Bain, President, St. John Fisher College, and President Tony McFeely, Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) in Ireland, signed a memo of understanding regarding future collaboration between the two institutions.
Dr. Bain traveled to Ireland to continue discussions with WIT officials, and on October 7, the two made it official.
Per the agreement, Fisher and WIT will work together to establish education initiatives that will include: programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; curriculum development projects; online delivery pilot programs; joint conferences; faculty/student exchange programs; specialized programs to promote international understanding and language skills; and joint research and development programs.
“The faculty and students from both St. John Fisher College and the Waterford Institute of Technology will benefit from the growth opportunities afforded by this agreement,” said Bain. “We look forward to planning the next steps in this relationship.”
McFeely added, “There is real opportunity to progress towards tangible outcomes. We very much look forward to strengthening the partnership between our two institutions in support of our academic missions.”
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes