Fisher and Waterford Institute of Technology Sign Agreement
Last week, Dr. Donald Bain, President, St. John Fisher College, and President Tony McFeely, Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) in Ireland, signed a memo of understanding regarding future collaboration between the two institutions.
Dr. Bain traveled to Ireland to continue discussions with WIT officials, and on October 7, the two made it official.
Per the agreement, Fisher and WIT will work together to establish education initiatives that will include: programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; curriculum development projects; online delivery pilot programs; joint conferences; faculty/student exchange programs; specialized programs to promote international understanding and language skills; and joint research and development programs.
“The faculty and students from both St. John Fisher College and the Waterford Institute of Technology will benefit from the growth opportunities afforded by this agreement,” said Bain. “We look forward to planning the next steps in this relationship.”
McFeely added, “There is real opportunity to progress towards tangible outcomes. We very much look forward to strengthening the partnership between our two institutions in support of our academic missions.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference