Fisher and Waterford Institute of Technology Sign Agreement
Last week, Dr. Donald Bain, President, St. John Fisher College, and President Tony McFeely, Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) in Ireland, signed a memo of understanding regarding future collaboration between the two institutions.
Dr. Bain traveled to Ireland to continue discussions with WIT officials, and on October 7, the two made it official.
Per the agreement, Fisher and WIT will work together to establish education initiatives that will include: programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; curriculum development projects; online delivery pilot programs; joint conferences; faculty/student exchange programs; specialized programs to promote international understanding and language skills; and joint research and development programs.
“The faculty and students from both St. John Fisher College and the Waterford Institute of Technology will benefit from the growth opportunities afforded by this agreement,” said Bain. “We look forward to planning the next steps in this relationship.”
McFeely added, “There is real opportunity to progress towards tangible outcomes. We very much look forward to strengthening the partnership between our two institutions in support of our academic missions.”
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards