Fisher and Waterford Institute of Technology Sign Agreement
Last week, Dr. Donald Bain, President, St. John Fisher College, and President Tony McFeely, Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) in Ireland, signed a memo of understanding regarding future collaboration between the two institutions.
Dr. Bain traveled to Ireland to continue discussions with WIT officials, and on October 7, the two made it official.
Per the agreement, Fisher and WIT will work together to establish education initiatives that will include: programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; curriculum development projects; online delivery pilot programs; joint conferences; faculty/student exchange programs; specialized programs to promote international understanding and language skills; and joint research and development programs.
“The faculty and students from both St. John Fisher College and the Waterford Institute of Technology will benefit from the growth opportunities afforded by this agreement,” said Bain. “We look forward to planning the next steps in this relationship.”
McFeely added, “There is real opportunity to progress towards tangible outcomes. We very much look forward to strengthening the partnership between our two institutions in support of our academic missions.”
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Senior Send-Off
- Student Scholars Present at Regional and National Conferences
- Students, Alumni, Community Partners Honored during Education Celebration
- Fisher Education Grads #ThankATeacher
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Reflects on Relationship between Women, Nature
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House