Fisher and Waterford Institute of Technology Sign Agreement
Last week, Dr. Donald Bain, President, St. John Fisher College, and President Tony McFeely, Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) in Ireland, signed a memo of understanding regarding future collaboration between the two institutions.
Dr. Bain traveled to Ireland to continue discussions with WIT officials, and on October 7, the two made it official.
Per the agreement, Fisher and WIT will work together to establish education initiatives that will include: programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; curriculum development projects; online delivery pilot programs; joint conferences; faculty/student exchange programs; specialized programs to promote international understanding and language skills; and joint research and development programs.
“The faculty and students from both St. John Fisher College and the Waterford Institute of Technology will benefit from the growth opportunities afforded by this agreement,” said Bain. “We look forward to planning the next steps in this relationship.”
McFeely added, “There is real opportunity to progress towards tangible outcomes. We very much look forward to strengthening the partnership between our two institutions in support of our academic missions.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students