Cylwicki and Shaheen ’76 Among Aquinas Institute Hall of Fame Inductees
Rev. Albert Cylwicki, C.S.B., and William Shaheen ’76 were recently inducted into the Aquinas Institute’s Hall of Fame on April 26. They were inducted in the meritorious service category as part of the 27th Hall of Fame class.
Cylwicki, Assistant Director of Campus Ministry, has been a long-time mathematics and theology teacher in numerous assignments for the Basilian Fathers. He taught math and religion in several high schools including: Catholic Central in his hometown of Detroit; Andrean High School in Merrillville, Indiana; St. Thomas in Houston, Texas; Archbishop Walsh High School in Olean; and Aquinas Institute. He has been teaching at Fisher for the past 18 years.
In addition to teaching, he also served as a football coach and chaplain at Aquinas, as well as the chaplain of the Institute’s longest-running high school boxing program. He recently served for two summers as a part-time chaplain for the drivers and crews of the IndyCar Racing League.
Cylwicki has also published two books of homilies, and has been writing mini-homilies for The Family Digest since 1993. He has been a member of the Aquinas Institute Board of Trustees since 1998 as well as the College’s Board of Trustees since 1999.
Shaheen, President and Chief Executive Officer, W.G. Shaheen and Associates, Ltd., has a long family history with Aquinas, dating back to 1938. The family generously started a scholarship fund which has allowed dozens of students to attend the Institute. In addition, they have named rooms in the school after family members; one is in the Art Center, and the other is a history room. Shaheen served on the Aquinas Board of Trustees for nine years.
The Shaheen family.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”