Countdown to Commencement – Brandon Smith
It’s time for the annual Countdown to Commencement video series, where we feature one senior each week who was nominated by a member of the faculty or staff. Nominees are selected for their accomplishments during their time at the College. First up, Brandon Smith, a Communication/Journalism and Legal Studies major.
Smith was nominated by not one, but THREE members of the Fisher staff, including Kara Cross, Libby Pinti, and Tom Racculia.
During his time at Fisher, Brandon has managed to stay very busy in his roles as a Resident Assistant, Student Ambassador, Sports and News Reporter for the Cardinal Courier, Executive Producer of the Fisher Sports Desk for Cardinal Television, and Student Government Association (SGA) Vice President and Treasurer.
Crosson said she will always remember Smith’s passion for media.
“Brandon is an excellent public speaker and a very talented writer,” she said. “He has an artistic side that, when combined with his love for athletics, produces wonderful results.”
Racculia and Pinti said they appreciated Smith’s dependability, citing his willingness to always help with last-minute tours.
“Brandon has been a consistent worker who can be relied on for attendance and to conduct a successful campus tour for prospective families,” said Racculia. “He is someone who doesn’t have to be reminded, and will pitch in whenever needed – that helps us immensely in the admissions office.”
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year