Countdown to Commencement – Brandon Smith
It’s time for the annual Countdown to Commencement video series, where we feature one senior each week who was nominated by a member of the faculty or staff. Nominees are selected for their accomplishments during their time at the College. First up, Brandon Smith, a Communication/Journalism and Legal Studies major.
Smith was nominated by not one, but THREE members of the Fisher staff, including Kara Cross, Libby Pinti, and Tom Racculia.
During his time at Fisher, Brandon has managed to stay very busy in his roles as a Resident Assistant, Student Ambassador, Sports and News Reporter for the Cardinal Courier, Executive Producer of the Fisher Sports Desk for Cardinal Television, and Student Government Association (SGA) Vice President and Treasurer.
Crosson said she will always remember Smith’s passion for media.
“Brandon is an excellent public speaker and a very talented writer,” she said. “He has an artistic side that, when combined with his love for athletics, produces wonderful results.”
Racculia and Pinti said they appreciated Smith’s dependability, citing his willingness to always help with last-minute tours.
“Brandon has been a consistent worker who can be relied on for attendance and to conduct a successful campus tour for prospective families,” said Racculia. “He is someone who doesn’t have to be reminded, and will pitch in whenever needed – that helps us immensely in the admissions office.”
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards
- “Undergraduate Review” Now Available Online