March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
Dr. Barbara Rockell, Director of the new Criminology Program at St. John Fisher College, will serve as the guest lecturer for the March First Friday lecture when she presents, “The Evolution of Criminology: 50 Years Since the Boston Strangler and other Notorious Crimes,” on Friday, March 7. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass, followed by breakfast.
Rockell joined the criminal justice field by teaching college-level history in a maximum security prison. Since then, she has held several other positions within the field including intake representative at the Child Abuse and Maltreatment Register; a prison inspector for the State Commission of Correction; director of a unit of staff who investigated “unusual incidents” in facilities; and Senior Program/Policy Analyst at the Division of Criminal Justice Services. In 1990, she moved home to Rochester and worked for the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, first as the Classification Officer in the county jail, and then as the Sheriff’s Staff Inspector. In 2003, her experience brought her to Fisher.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A and C near the Welcome Center. For more information about the series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-7350 or email email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain