March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
Dr. Barbara Rockell, Director of the new Criminology Program at St. John Fisher College, will serve as the guest lecturer for the March First Friday lecture when she presents, “The Evolution of Criminology: 50 Years Since the Boston Strangler and other Notorious Crimes,” on Friday, March 7. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass, followed by breakfast.
Rockell joined the criminal justice field by teaching college-level history in a maximum security prison. Since then, she has held several other positions within the field including intake representative at the Child Abuse and Maltreatment Register; a prison inspector for the State Commission of Correction; director of a unit of staff who investigated “unusual incidents” in facilities; and Senior Program/Policy Analyst at the Division of Criminal Justice Services. In 1990, she moved home to Rochester and worked for the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, first as the Classification Officer in the county jail, and then as the Sheriff’s Staff Inspector. In 2003, her experience brought her to Fisher.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A and C near the Welcome Center. For more information about the series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-7350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation