Fisher Faculty Go Back to School
Supported by a Learning Circle Grant, Dr. Rik Hunter (English), Professor Jeremy Sarachan (Communication/Journalism), and Dr. Todd Sodano (Communication/Journalism) attended the 2012 New Media Consortium (NMC) Summer Conference, hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, from June 12-14. This is a unique event that attracts hundreds of highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry.
During the event, they were able to visit the MIT Media Lab and attend a keynote by its director, Joi Ito. They also attended sessions on the digital humanities, learning analytics, challenge-based learning, Google Maps applications, new media art, digital badges, the learning genome, multimedia annotating, narrated screencasts, teaching online as performance, and tablet applications for seminars. The three professors will be presenting faculty development sessions on many of these topics during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign