Fisher Faculty Go Back to School
Supported by a Learning Circle Grant, Dr. Rik Hunter (English), Professor Jeremy Sarachan (Communication/Journalism), and Dr. Todd Sodano (Communication/Journalism) attended the 2012 New Media Consortium (NMC) Summer Conference, hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, from June 12-14. This is a unique event that attracts hundreds of highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry.
During the event, they were able to visit the MIT Media Lab and attend a keynote by its director, Joi Ito. They also attended sessions on the digital humanities, learning analytics, challenge-based learning, Google Maps applications, new media art, digital badges, the learning genome, multimedia annotating, narrated screencasts, teaching online as performance, and tablet applications for seminars. The three professors will be presenting faculty development sessions on many of these topics during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Latest College News Stories
- Marketing Club Plans Robust Marketing Week, Open to Campus Community
- Gandhi Wins Szarejko Information Literacy Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Tessoni '69 Receives Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State