Fisher Faculty Go Back to School
Supported by a Learning Circle Grant, Dr. Rik Hunter (English), Professor Jeremy Sarachan (Communication/Journalism), and Dr. Todd Sodano (Communication/Journalism) attended the 2012 New Media Consortium (NMC) Summer Conference, hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, from June 12-14. This is a unique event that attracts hundreds of highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry.
During the event, they were able to visit the MIT Media Lab and attend a keynote by its director, Joi Ito. They also attended sessions on the digital humanities, learning analytics, challenge-based learning, Google Maps applications, new media art, digital badges, the learning genome, multimedia annotating, narrated screencasts, teaching online as performance, and tablet applications for seminars. The three professors will be presenting faculty development sessions on many of these topics during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence