Fisher Faculty Go Back to School
Supported by a Learning Circle Grant, Dr. Rik Hunter (English), Professor Jeremy Sarachan (Communication/Journalism), and Dr. Todd Sodano (Communication/Journalism) attended the 2012 New Media Consortium (NMC) Summer Conference, hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, from June 12-14. This is a unique event that attracts hundreds of highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry.
During the event, they were able to visit the MIT Media Lab and attend a keynote by its director, Joi Ito. They also attended sessions on the digital humanities, learning analytics, challenge-based learning, Google Maps applications, new media art, digital badges, the learning genome, multimedia annotating, narrated screencasts, teaching online as performance, and tablet applications for seminars. The three professors will be presenting faculty development sessions on many of these topics during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day