Fisher Faculty Go Back to School
Supported by a Learning Circle Grant, Dr. Rik Hunter (English), Professor Jeremy Sarachan (Communication/Journalism), and Dr. Todd Sodano (Communication/Journalism) attended the 2012 New Media Consortium (NMC) Summer Conference, hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, from June 12-14. This is a unique event that attracts hundreds of highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry.
During the event, they were able to visit the MIT Media Lab and attend a keynote by its director, Joi Ito. They also attended sessions on the digital humanities, learning analytics, challenge-based learning, Google Maps applications, new media art, digital badges, the learning genome, multimedia annotating, narrated screencasts, teaching online as performance, and tablet applications for seminars. The three professors will be presenting faculty development sessions on many of these topics during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades