“Camp College” Comes to St. John Fisher College This Weekend
St. John Fisher College will transform into “Camp College” this weekend for the annual three-day weekend pre-college experience sponsored by the New York State Association for College Admission Counseling (NYSACAC). The program runs from July 12-14.
“Camp College” is offered to first generation and underserved high school students from across New York State, and aims to help provide them with access to higher education and get them prepared for the college process. The program rotates host locations every year.
Fisher will be home to 125 students who will live in residence halls for the weekend, and attend classes taught by college professors from the Arts, Sciences, Business, and Engineering fields. In addition, they will participate in Admissions and Financial Aid workshops, learn college interview and essay writing techniques, and work in small groups with college admissions professionals who will serve as mentors throughout the program.
Camp College started in 2000, and is free of charge to students. The program relies on donations and fundraising through NYSACAC.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference