“Camp College” Comes to St. John Fisher College This Weekend
St. John Fisher College will transform into “Camp College” this weekend for the annual three-day weekend pre-college experience sponsored by the New York State Association for College Admission Counseling (NYSACAC). The program runs from July 12-14.
“Camp College” is offered to first generation and underserved high school students from across New York State, and aims to help provide them with access to higher education and get them prepared for the college process. The program rotates host locations every year.
Fisher will be home to 125 students who will live in residence halls for the weekend, and attend classes taught by college professors from the Arts, Sciences, Business, and Engineering fields. In addition, they will participate in Admissions and Financial Aid workshops, learn college interview and essay writing techniques, and work in small groups with college admissions professionals who will serve as mentors throughout the program.
Camp College started in 2000, and is free of charge to students. The program relies on donations and fundraising through NYSACAC.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Sport Management Program Receives National Accreditation
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Markwick Named New York State Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- Healthy Living Sustainability Fair Set for Oct. 6
- It’s Never Too Early for a Fisher Education
- Best Bets for Alumni Weekend 2016
- Accounting Club Hosts 35th Annual Golf Tournament
- Fisher Storms Back to Win Courage Bowl XII