“Camp College” Comes to St. John Fisher College This Weekend
St. John Fisher College will transform into “Camp College” this weekend for the annual three-day weekend pre-college experience sponsored by the New York State Association for College Admission Counseling (NYSACAC). The program runs from July 12-14.
“Camp College” is offered to first generation and underserved high school students from across New York State, and aims to help provide them with access to higher education and get them prepared for the college process. The program rotates host locations every year.
Fisher will be home to 125 students who will live in residence halls for the weekend, and attend classes taught by college professors from the Arts, Sciences, Business, and Engineering fields. In addition, they will participate in Admissions and Financial Aid workshops, learn college interview and essay writing techniques, and work in small groups with college admissions professionals who will serve as mentors throughout the program.
Camp College started in 2000, and is free of charge to students. The program relies on donations and fundraising through NYSACAC.
Latest College News Stories
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member