“Camp College” Comes to St. John Fisher College This Weekend
St. John Fisher College will transform into “Camp College” this weekend for the annual three-day weekend pre-college experience sponsored by the New York State Association for College Admission Counseling (NYSACAC). The program runs from July 12-14.
“Camp College” is offered to first generation and underserved high school students from across New York State, and aims to help provide them with access to higher education and get them prepared for the college process. The program rotates host locations every year.
Fisher will be home to 125 students who will live in residence halls for the weekend, and attend classes taught by college professors from the Arts, Sciences, Business, and Engineering fields. In addition, they will participate in Admissions and Financial Aid workshops, learn college interview and essay writing techniques, and work in small groups with college admissions professionals who will serve as mentors throughout the program.
Camp College started in 2000, and is free of charge to students. The program relies on donations and fundraising through NYSACAC.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference