Countdown to Commencement - Sarah Bowen
The last “Countdown to Commencement” video features Sarah Bowen, a Biology major. She was nominated by Kristin Anderson, the Assistant Director of Assessment, Planning, and Institutional Research.
Bowen has not only been dedicated to her rigorous studies, but also to being a welcoming member of the Fisher community. She has been a member of the Orientation Team and has served as a Freshman Seminar Peer Advisor. Bowen is able to co-facilitate a freshman seminar class and serve as a role model and sounding board to first-year students. Aside from her work as a Peer Advisor, Bowen is also a Science Scholar, and involved in the Equestrian Club, Fisher CRU, and Relay for Life. She is also a Zumba instructor on campus!
“The thing that I will remember most about Sarah is her quiet leadership. She is one of the hardest working students that I know. When she says she will complete something or look into something, you always know that she will follow through. She is one of the few students that I know who has succeeded in developing a balance in her life between her social activities and commitments and high academic expectations. She is observant and perceptive of what others are experiencing and is willing to talk about her expectations and experiences,” said Anderson.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Sarah Bowen!
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference