Countdown to Commencement - Sarah Bowen
The last “Countdown to Commencement” video features Sarah Bowen, a Biology major. She was nominated by Kristin Anderson, the Assistant Director of Assessment, Planning, and Institutional Research.
Bowen has not only been dedicated to her rigorous studies, but also to being a welcoming member of the Fisher community. She has been a member of the Orientation Team and has served as a Freshman Seminar Peer Advisor. Bowen is able to co-facilitate a freshman seminar class and serve as a role model and sounding board to first-year students. Aside from her work as a Peer Advisor, Bowen is also a Science Scholar, and involved in the Equestrian Club, Fisher CRU, and Relay for Life. She is also a Zumba instructor on campus!
“The thing that I will remember most about Sarah is her quiet leadership. She is one of the hardest working students that I know. When she says she will complete something or look into something, you always know that she will follow through. She is one of the few students that I know who has succeeded in developing a balance in her life between her social activities and commitments and high academic expectations. She is observant and perceptive of what others are experiencing and is willing to talk about her expectations and experiences,” said Anderson.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Sarah Bowen!
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacco Named Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
- Turner to Deliver Talk at Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research at Cornell University
- Education Faculty Publish in International Journal
- Fisher Faculty Wins Visiting Position Abroad
- Ed.D. Graduate Selected to Present at LGBT Research Symposium