Bowers Releases Third CD
Dr. Jim Bowers, Chair of the Political Science Department and singer/songwriter/musician outside of the classroom, has released his third CD titled, “Seeking Calm Waters.”
Songs, including “Run If You Will,” “The Freedom in the Soul,” and “Like a Shadow on a Breeze” make up the 13-song disc. Several songs also feature the singing talents of Diana Palatos, local radio show host and producer of “The CEO Hour” on WCEOHQ-RADIO.ORG.
Bowers’ music crosses over genres such as alternative country, western, folk, folk pop, and jazz. His previous CDs include “No Apology” and “Tequila Lips,” debuted in 2006.
Some of Bowers’ musical influences come from Canadian songwriting legend Gordon Lightfoot, along James McMurtry, Michael Nesmith, John Fogerty, and Kris Kristofferson.
All of his music can be sampled and purchased through his Facebook page.
Latest College News Stories
- Sarachan Publishes in Journal
- Vosburgh Named d3football.com All-East Region Coach of the Year
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40