Bowers Releases Third CD
Dr. Jim Bowers, Chair of the Political Science Department and singer/songwriter/musician outside of the classroom, has released his third CD titled, “Seeking Calm Waters.”
Songs, including “Run If You Will,” “The Freedom in the Soul,” and “Like a Shadow on a Breeze” make up the 13-song disc. Several songs also feature the singing talents of Diana Palatos, local radio show host and producer of “The CEO Hour” on WCEOHQ-RADIO.ORG.
Bowers’ music crosses over genres such as alternative country, western, folk, folk pop, and jazz. His previous CDs include “No Apology” and “Tequila Lips,” debuted in 2006.
Some of Bowers’ musical influences come from Canadian songwriting legend Gordon Lightfoot, along James McMurtry, Michael Nesmith, John Fogerty, and Kris Kristofferson.
All of his music can be sampled and purchased through his Facebook page.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation