Bowers Releases Third CD
Dr. Jim Bowers, Chair of the Political Science Department and singer/songwriter/musician outside of the classroom, has released his third CD titled, “Seeking Calm Waters.”
Songs, including “Run If You Will,” “The Freedom in the Soul,” and “Like a Shadow on a Breeze” make up the 13-song disc. Several songs also feature the singing talents of Diana Palatos, local radio show host and producer of “The CEO Hour” on WCEOHQ-RADIO.ORG.
Bowers’ music crosses over genres such as alternative country, western, folk, folk pop, and jazz. His previous CDs include “No Apology” and “Tequila Lips,” debuted in 2006.
Some of Bowers’ musical influences come from Canadian songwriting legend Gordon Lightfoot, along James McMurtry, Michael Nesmith, John Fogerty, and Kris Kristofferson.
All of his music can be sampled and purchased through his Facebook page.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students