Bowers Releases Third CD
Dr. Jim Bowers, Chair of the Political Science Department and singer/songwriter/musician outside of the classroom, has released his third CD titled, “Seeking Calm Waters.”
Songs, including “Run If You Will,” “The Freedom in the Soul,” and “Like a Shadow on a Breeze” make up the 13-song disc. Several songs also feature the singing talents of Diana Palatos, local radio show host and producer of “The CEO Hour” on WCEOHQ-RADIO.ORG.
Bowers’ music crosses over genres such as alternative country, western, folk, folk pop, and jazz. His previous CDs include “No Apology” and “Tequila Lips,” debuted in 2006.
Some of Bowers’ musical influences come from Canadian songwriting legend Gordon Lightfoot, along James McMurtry, Michael Nesmith, John Fogerty, and Kris Kristofferson.
All of his music can be sampled and purchased through his Facebook page.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes