Inside the Residence Halls...
It has been a great year for all of the freshmen residents. Three of our Residence Directors have shared a brief update from their corner of campus.
The semester may be winding down, but Murphy Hall is still full of energy and ready to take on spring! Between cooking classes with Chef Joel Kraft at “Life After Lackmann,” to packing study kits for local Rochester schools, the residents have been keeping active and giving back. As finals approach, there will be lots of opportunities to de-stress with tye-dye and crayon art on the agenda. As long as the spring weather cooperates, we will get a chance to polish our green thumbs planting flowers and cleaning up the Murphy courtyard before the end of the semester.
Kara A. Crosson, Residence Director
Ward Hall will be holding a lot of programs in the next month to keep students on track and stress-free! Some of these programs include: “Life after Lackmann” with Chef Joel Kraft, splatter paint, résumé-building, and even an “Insanity” workout for those who love to exercise. Stress-free week will be full of different events where students can come, relax, and take a break from studying for the approaching finals.
Tiffany Lamberton, Residence Director
Haffey Hall had a busy semester and I am sure we will remain energized through early May! Between tye-dying, crayon melting, and March Madness brackets, our building has been having a lot of fun! Haffey residents truly enjoy getting involved with RA programs and with organizations/clubs around campus. Weather permitting, RAs are hoping to host a golf tournament on April 13 and are in the midst of planning an end-of-the-year BBQ to provide students with an opportunity to de-stress. RAs will also be hosting programs for Haffey students to make memory jars and crafty picture frames to remember all the enjoyable moments shared during the year.
Dayshawn Simmons, Residence Director
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards