Inside the Residence Halls...
It has been a great year for all of the freshmen residents. Three of our Residence Directors have shared a brief update from their corner of campus.
The semester may be winding down, but Murphy Hall is still full of energy and ready to take on spring! Between cooking classes with Chef Joel Kraft at “Life After Lackmann,” to packing study kits for local Rochester schools, the residents have been keeping active and giving back. As finals approach, there will be lots of opportunities to de-stress with tye-dye and crayon art on the agenda. As long as the spring weather cooperates, we will get a chance to polish our green thumbs planting flowers and cleaning up the Murphy courtyard before the end of the semester.
Kara A. Crosson, Residence Director
Ward Hall will be holding a lot of programs in the next month to keep students on track and stress-free! Some of these programs include: “Life after Lackmann” with Chef Joel Kraft, splatter paint, résumé-building, and even an “Insanity” workout for those who love to exercise. Stress-free week will be full of different events where students can come, relax, and take a break from studying for the approaching finals.
Tiffany Lamberton, Residence Director
Haffey Hall had a busy semester and I am sure we will remain energized through early May! Between tye-dying, crayon melting, and March Madness brackets, our building has been having a lot of fun! Haffey residents truly enjoy getting involved with RA programs and with organizations/clubs around campus. Weather permitting, RAs are hoping to host a golf tournament on April 13 and are in the midst of planning an end-of-the-year BBQ to provide students with an opportunity to de-stress. RAs will also be hosting programs for Haffey students to make memory jars and crafty picture frames to remember all the enjoyable moments shared during the year.
Dayshawn Simmons, Residence Director
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference