Inside the Residence Halls...
It has been a great year for all of the freshmen residents. Three of our Residence Directors have shared a brief update from their corner of campus.
The semester may be winding down, but Murphy Hall is still full of energy and ready to take on spring! Between cooking classes with Chef Joel Kraft at “Life After Lackmann,” to packing study kits for local Rochester schools, the residents have been keeping active and giving back. As finals approach, there will be lots of opportunities to de-stress with tye-dye and crayon art on the agenda. As long as the spring weather cooperates, we will get a chance to polish our green thumbs planting flowers and cleaning up the Murphy courtyard before the end of the semester.
Kara A. Crosson, Residence Director
Ward Hall will be holding a lot of programs in the next month to keep students on track and stress-free! Some of these programs include: “Life after Lackmann” with Chef Joel Kraft, splatter paint, résumé-building, and even an “Insanity” workout for those who love to exercise. Stress-free week will be full of different events where students can come, relax, and take a break from studying for the approaching finals.
Tiffany Lamberton, Residence Director
Haffey Hall had a busy semester and I am sure we will remain energized through early May! Between tye-dying, crayon melting, and March Madness brackets, our building has been having a lot of fun! Haffey residents truly enjoy getting involved with RA programs and with organizations/clubs around campus. Weather permitting, RAs are hoping to host a golf tournament on April 13 and are in the midst of planning an end-of-the-year BBQ to provide students with an opportunity to de-stress. RAs will also be hosting programs for Haffey students to make memory jars and crafty picture frames to remember all the enjoyable moments shared during the year.
Dayshawn Simmons, Residence Director
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students