Fisher Students Present at Statewide History Conference
St. John Fisher College sophomores Graham Wilcox and Faiza Filfil presented papers on the student panel at the 61st Annual Conference of the New York State Association of European Historians on October 29 at Canisius College.
Wilcox’s paper was entitled, “Hammering the Sickle: Perspectives on the Russo-Finnish Wars, 1939-1945.” Filfil presented, “Germany and the Atomic Bomb: Perspectives on the Politicization of Science.” Both papers were adapted from work the two students completed in their Research-Based Writing course last semester.
For the past 60 years, the New York State Association of European Historians has fostered the study of European history from earliest times to the present. Membership is drawn from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement