Fisher Students Present at Statewide History Conference
St. John Fisher College sophomores Graham Wilcox and Faiza Filfil presented papers on the student panel at the 61st Annual Conference of the New York State Association of European Historians on October 29 at Canisius College.
Wilcox’s paper was entitled, “Hammering the Sickle: Perspectives on the Russo-Finnish Wars, 1939-1945.” Filfil presented, “Germany and the Atomic Bomb: Perspectives on the Politicization of Science.” Both papers were adapted from work the two students completed in their Research-Based Writing course last semester.
For the past 60 years, the New York State Association of European Historians has fostered the study of European history from earliest times to the present. Membership is drawn from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair
- Ed.D. Student Highlighted in Huffington Post Article for Leadership, Service