Fisher Students Present at Statewide History Conference
St. John Fisher College sophomores Graham Wilcox and Faiza Filfil presented papers on the student panel at the 61st Annual Conference of the New York State Association of European Historians on October 29 at Canisius College.
Wilcox’s paper was entitled, “Hammering the Sickle: Perspectives on the Russo-Finnish Wars, 1939-1945.” Filfil presented, “Germany and the Atomic Bomb: Perspectives on the Politicization of Science.” Both papers were adapted from work the two students completed in their Research-Based Writing course last semester.
For the past 60 years, the New York State Association of European Historians has fostered the study of European history from earliest times to the present. Membership is drawn from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Latest College News Stories
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program