Fisher Students Present at Statewide History Conference
St. John Fisher College sophomores Graham Wilcox and Faiza Filfil presented papers on the student panel at the 61st Annual Conference of the New York State Association of European Historians on October 29 at Canisius College.
Wilcox’s paper was entitled, “Hammering the Sickle: Perspectives on the Russo-Finnish Wars, 1939-1945.” Filfil presented, “Germany and the Atomic Bomb: Perspectives on the Politicization of Science.” Both papers were adapted from work the two students completed in their Research-Based Writing course last semester.
For the past 60 years, the New York State Association of European Historians has fostered the study of European history from earliest times to the present. Membership is drawn from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Latest College News Stories
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank
- Nursing Students, Faculty Participate in Out of the Darkness Walk