Fisher Students Present at Statewide History Conference
St. John Fisher College sophomores Graham Wilcox and Faiza Filfil presented papers on the student panel at the 61st Annual Conference of the New York State Association of European Historians on October 29 at Canisius College.
Wilcox’s paper was entitled, “Hammering the Sickle: Perspectives on the Russo-Finnish Wars, 1939-1945.” Filfil presented, “Germany and the Atomic Bomb: Perspectives on the Politicization of Science.” Both papers were adapted from work the two students completed in their Research-Based Writing course last semester.
For the past 60 years, the New York State Association of European Historians has fostered the study of European history from earliest times to the present. Membership is drawn from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner