Mocejunas to be Remembered
A dedicated and loyal staff member who lost her five-year battle with cancer this past December will be honored during a memorial service on Saturday, April 13. Lin Mocejunas served as the Basil Hall faculty secretary, as well as the secretary for the School of Arts and Sciences faculty for 30 years.
For the past few weeks, those on campus closest to Mocejunas have been collecting donations to fund a plaque that will hang in Basil Hall in her honor. In addition, the funds will be put towards a flowering dogwood tree and bench that will be in the Basil quad. Additional contributions will be donated in her name to Pluta Cancer Center, where Mocejunas received chemotherapy treatments for a total of 86 weeks over the last five years.
The memorial will take place in the Basil Hall lobby beginning at 10:00 a.m. Father William Graf, Assistant Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, will offer the prayer of dedication. Mocejunas’ family will attend the memorial as well.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study