Mocejunas to be Remembered
A dedicated and loyal staff member who lost her five-year battle with cancer this past December will be honored during a memorial service on Saturday, April 13. Lin Mocejunas served as the Basil Hall faculty secretary, as well as the secretary for the School of Arts and Sciences faculty for 30 years.
For the past few weeks, those on campus closest to Mocejunas have been collecting donations to fund a plaque that will hang in Basil Hall in her honor. In addition, the funds will be put towards a flowering dogwood tree and bench that will be in the Basil quad. Additional contributions will be donated in her name to Pluta Cancer Center, where Mocejunas received chemotherapy treatments for a total of 86 weeks over the last five years.
The memorial will take place in the Basil Hall lobby beginning at 10:00 a.m. Father William Graf, Assistant Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, will offer the prayer of dedication. Mocejunas’ family will attend the memorial as well.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner