Mocejunas to be Remembered
A dedicated and loyal staff member who lost her five-year battle with cancer this past December will be honored during a memorial service on Saturday, April 13. Lin Mocejunas served as the Basil Hall faculty secretary, as well as the secretary for the School of Arts and Sciences faculty for 30 years.
For the past few weeks, those on campus closest to Mocejunas have been collecting donations to fund a plaque that will hang in Basil Hall in her honor. In addition, the funds will be put towards a flowering dogwood tree and bench that will be in the Basil quad. Additional contributions will be donated in her name to Pluta Cancer Center, where Mocejunas received chemotherapy treatments for a total of 86 weeks over the last five years.
The memorial will take place in the Basil Hall lobby beginning at 10:00 a.m. Father William Graf, Assistant Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, will offer the prayer of dedication. Mocejunas’ family will attend the memorial as well.
Latest College News Stories
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3