Mocejunas to be Remembered
A dedicated and loyal staff member who lost her five-year battle with cancer this past December will be honored during a memorial service on Saturday, April 13. Lin Mocejunas served as the Basil Hall faculty secretary, as well as the secretary for the School of Arts and Sciences faculty for 30 years.
For the past few weeks, those on campus closest to Mocejunas have been collecting donations to fund a plaque that will hang in Basil Hall in her honor. In addition, the funds will be put towards a flowering dogwood tree and bench that will be in the Basil quad. Additional contributions will be donated in her name to Pluta Cancer Center, where Mocejunas received chemotherapy treatments for a total of 86 weeks over the last five years.
The memorial will take place in the Basil Hall lobby beginning at 10:00 a.m. Father William Graf, Assistant Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, will offer the prayer of dedication. Mocejunas’ family will attend the memorial as well.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors