Mocejunas to be Remembered
A dedicated and loyal staff member who lost her five-year battle with cancer this past December will be honored during a memorial service on Saturday, April 13. Lin Mocejunas served as the Basil Hall faculty secretary, as well as the secretary for the School of Arts and Sciences faculty for 30 years.
For the past few weeks, those on campus closest to Mocejunas have been collecting donations to fund a plaque that will hang in Basil Hall in her honor. In addition, the funds will be put towards a flowering dogwood tree and bench that will be in the Basil quad. Additional contributions will be donated in her name to Pluta Cancer Center, where Mocejunas received chemotherapy treatments for a total of 86 weeks over the last five years.
The memorial will take place in the Basil Hall lobby beginning at 10:00 a.m. Father William Graf, Assistant Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, will offer the prayer of dedication. Mocejunas’ family will attend the memorial as well.
Latest College News Stories
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest