Mocejunas to be Remembered
A dedicated and loyal staff member who lost her five-year battle with cancer this past December will be honored during a memorial service on Saturday, April 13. Lin Mocejunas served as the Basil Hall faculty secretary, as well as the secretary for the School of Arts and Sciences faculty for 30 years.
For the past few weeks, those on campus closest to Mocejunas have been collecting donations to fund a plaque that will hang in Basil Hall in her honor. In addition, the funds will be put towards a flowering dogwood tree and bench that will be in the Basil quad. Additional contributions will be donated in her name to Pluta Cancer Center, where Mocejunas received chemotherapy treatments for a total of 86 weeks over the last five years.
The memorial will take place in the Basil Hall lobby beginning at 10:00 a.m. Father William Graf, Assistant Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies, will offer the prayer of dedication. Mocejunas’ family will attend the memorial as well.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacco Named Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
- Turner to Deliver Talk at Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research at Cornell University
- Education Faculty Publish in International Journal
- Fisher Faculty Wins Visiting Position Abroad
- Ed.D. Graduate Selected to Present at LGBT Research Symposium