Faculty and Staff Headlines
Many St. John Fisher College faculty and staff have been busy making headlines all semester.
-Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media in the Communication/Journalism Department, recently spent an afternoon chatting with The Chatterbox Club, a local women’s philanthropic organization whose mission is to promote social and cultural ideas, events, and participation.
-Dr. Mona Chitre, an adjunct faculty member in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently promoted to vice president of pharmacy management at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
-Juana Vega, Assistant Director in the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs, was recently featured in the Democrat and Chronicle’s ConXion blog.
-Clever chefs usually have clever kitchens. And St. John Fisher College’s clever executive chef, Joel Kraft, was chosen to be featured in a new video cooking series by the Democrat and Chronicle and WXXI Public Broadcasting that is, ironically, called, “The Clever Kitchen.”
-Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, has been selected to serve as a representative for the American Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Advisory Committee for the Healthy People Curriculum Task Force.
-Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate program in Mathematics/Science/ Technology Education (GMST), recently published an article in the March issue of Science Scope, the middle school journal for the National Science Teachers Association.
-Elizabeth King Durand, adjunct faculty member in the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program, is among 41 regional artists selected to participate in “Arts Reflected” at the Memorial Art Gallery.
-Dr. Nathan Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Religious Studies, has recently published two books — Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction and Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality.
-Tara Sacco, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, attended the 2013 Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from March 7-9.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner