Faculty and Staff Headlines
Many St. John Fisher College faculty and staff have been busy making headlines all semester.
-Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media in the Communication/Journalism Department, recently spent an afternoon chatting with The Chatterbox Club, a local women’s philanthropic organization whose mission is to promote social and cultural ideas, events, and participation.
-Dr. Mona Chitre, an adjunct faculty member in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently promoted to vice president of pharmacy management at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
-Juana Vega, Assistant Director in the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs, was recently featured in the Democrat and Chronicle’s ConXion blog.
-Clever chefs usually have clever kitchens. And St. John Fisher College’s clever executive chef, Joel Kraft, was chosen to be featured in a new video cooking series by the Democrat and Chronicle and WXXI Public Broadcasting that is, ironically, called, “The Clever Kitchen.”
-Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, has been selected to serve as a representative for the American Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Advisory Committee for the Healthy People Curriculum Task Force.
-Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate program in Mathematics/Science/ Technology Education (GMST), recently published an article in the March issue of Science Scope, the middle school journal for the National Science Teachers Association.
-Elizabeth King Durand, adjunct faculty member in the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program, is among 41 regional artists selected to participate in “Arts Reflected” at the Memorial Art Gallery.
-Dr. Nathan Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Religious Studies, has recently published two books — Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction and Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality.
-Tara Sacco, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, attended the 2013 Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from March 7-9.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization