Faculty and Staff Headlines
Many St. John Fisher College faculty and staff have been busy making headlines all semester.
-Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media in the Communication/Journalism Department, recently spent an afternoon chatting with The Chatterbox Club, a local women’s philanthropic organization whose mission is to promote social and cultural ideas, events, and participation.
-Dr. Mona Chitre, an adjunct faculty member in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently promoted to vice president of pharmacy management at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
-Juana Vega, Assistant Director in the Office of Multicultural Affairs & Diversity Programs, was recently featured in the Democrat and Chronicle’s ConXion blog.
-Clever chefs usually have clever kitchens. And St. John Fisher College’s clever executive chef, Joel Kraft, was chosen to be featured in a new video cooking series by the Democrat and Chronicle and WXXI Public Broadcasting that is, ironically, called, “The Clever Kitchen.”
-Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, has been selected to serve as a representative for the American Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Advisory Committee for the Healthy People Curriculum Task Force.
-Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate program in Mathematics/Science/ Technology Education (GMST), recently published an article in the March issue of Science Scope, the middle school journal for the National Science Teachers Association.
-Elizabeth King Durand, adjunct faculty member in the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program, is among 41 regional artists selected to participate in “Arts Reflected” at the Memorial Art Gallery.
-Dr. Nathan Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Religious Studies, has recently published two books — Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction and Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality.
-Tara Sacco, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, attended the 2013 Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from March 7-9.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference