One Fish, Two Fish: Fisher’s Youngest Make a Birthday Wish
There were Seuss-inspired decorations galore in the Murphy Dining Hall on Thursday, March 7, all made by the children of the St. John Fisher College Early Learning Center for the Center’s annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Party. Over 100 party-goers attended the celebration, including the Center staff, children, and their families.
All week long, the Center’s curriculum focused on Dr. Seuss’ books and his legacy. The students learned about all he had written, dedicated art projects about some of the stories, and prepared for the big day.
“Seuss is an important literary figure for children, and our teachers put 100% into the week’s plans,” said MaryBeth Kula, Director, Early Learning Center. “The birthday party is really a culmination of everything the kids have learned in the classroom all week, and gives our families a chance to celebrate together. It’s one of our favorite events of the year.”
The party included a full dinner, birthday treats, and music provided by local musician, Mike Kornrich.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year