One Fish, Two Fish: Fisher’s Youngest Make a Birthday Wish
There were Seuss-inspired decorations galore in the Murphy Dining Hall on Thursday, March 7, all made by the children of the St. John Fisher College Early Learning Center for the Center’s annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Party. Over 100 party-goers attended the celebration, including the Center staff, children, and their families.
All week long, the Center’s curriculum focused on Dr. Seuss’ books and his legacy. The students learned about all he had written, dedicated art projects about some of the stories, and prepared for the big day.
“Seuss is an important literary figure for children, and our teachers put 100% into the week’s plans,” said MaryBeth Kula, Director, Early Learning Center. “The birthday party is really a culmination of everything the kids have learned in the classroom all week, and gives our families a chance to celebrate together. It’s one of our favorite events of the year.”
The party included a full dinner, birthday treats, and music provided by local musician, Mike Kornrich.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades