Countdown to Commencement – Chris Rush
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Chris Rush, a Business Management major with a minor in Communication/Journalism. He was nominated by Tara Preteroti, Assistant Director of the Higher Education Opportunities Program.
Preteroti said she will always remember Rush for his friendliness, strong work ethic, and desire to give back to others.
While here at Fisher, he has been involved in the College’s Cardinal Television station, Sustained Dialogue group, and has played intramural basketball. In 2011, he was awarded the Rochester Audio Visual Association Media Scholarship Award, an award that is typically given to a student majoring in communications.
“Chris was a natural selection for the award because of his desire to go over and above expectations, and provide excellent service to the communication/journalism department on campus,” said Preteroti.
She added that Rush is a positive example of a student who has taken advantage of the opportunities Fisher had to offer him, and made it a goal to give back to the campus community.
Rush was recently profiled on CNNMoney.com for a story about Wegmans, where he has worked for the last six years. In fact, he has already accepted a position as a buyer for the company, which he will start after graduation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Chris Rush!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes