Countdown to Commencement – Chris Rush
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Chris Rush, a Business Management major with a minor in Communication/Journalism. He was nominated by Tara Preteroti, Assistant Director of the Higher Education Opportunities Program.
Preteroti said she will always remember Rush for his friendliness, strong work ethic, and desire to give back to others.
While here at Fisher, he has been involved in the College’s Cardinal Television station, Sustained Dialogue group, and has played intramural basketball. In 2011, he was awarded the Rochester Audio Visual Association Media Scholarship Award, an award that is typically given to a student majoring in communications.
“Chris was a natural selection for the award because of his desire to go over and above expectations, and provide excellent service to the communication/journalism department on campus,” said Preteroti.
She added that Rush is a positive example of a student who has taken advantage of the opportunities Fisher had to offer him, and made it a goal to give back to the campus community.
Rush was recently profiled on CNNMoney.com for a story about Wegmans, where he has worked for the last six years. In fact, he has already accepted a position as a buyer for the company, which he will start after graduation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Chris Rush!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference