Countdown to Commencement – Chris Rush
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Chris Rush, a Business Management major with a minor in Communication/Journalism. He was nominated by Tara Preteroti, Assistant Director of the Higher Education Opportunities Program.
Preteroti said she will always remember Rush for his friendliness, strong work ethic, and desire to give back to others.
While here at Fisher, he has been involved in the College’s Cardinal Television station, Sustained Dialogue group, and has played intramural basketball. In 2011, he was awarded the Rochester Audio Visual Association Media Scholarship Award, an award that is typically given to a student majoring in communications.
“Chris was a natural selection for the award because of his desire to go over and above expectations, and provide excellent service to the communication/journalism department on campus,” said Preteroti.
She added that Rush is a positive example of a student who has taken advantage of the opportunities Fisher had to offer him, and made it a goal to give back to the campus community.
Rush was recently profiled on CNNMoney.com for a story about Wegmans, where he has worked for the last six years. In fact, he has already accepted a position as a buyer for the company, which he will start after graduation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Chris Rush!
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture