Countdown to Commencement – Chris Rush
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Chris Rush, a Business Management major with a minor in Communication/Journalism. He was nominated by Tara Preteroti, Assistant Director of the Higher Education Opportunities Program.
Preteroti said she will always remember Rush for his friendliness, strong work ethic, and desire to give back to others.
While here at Fisher, he has been involved in the College’s Cardinal Television station, Sustained Dialogue group, and has played intramural basketball. In 2011, he was awarded the Rochester Audio Visual Association Media Scholarship Award, an award that is typically given to a student majoring in communications.
“Chris was a natural selection for the award because of his desire to go over and above expectations, and provide excellent service to the communication/journalism department on campus,” said Preteroti.
She added that Rush is a positive example of a student who has taken advantage of the opportunities Fisher had to offer him, and made it a goal to give back to the campus community.
Rush was recently profiled on CNNMoney.com for a story about Wegmans, where he has worked for the last six years. In fact, he has already accepted a position as a buyer for the company, which he will start after graduation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Chris Rush!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History