Countdown to Commencement – Chris Rush
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Chris Rush, a Business Management major with a minor in Communication/Journalism. He was nominated by Tara Preteroti, Assistant Director of the Higher Education Opportunities Program.
Preteroti said she will always remember Rush for his friendliness, strong work ethic, and desire to give back to others.
While here at Fisher, he has been involved in the College’s Cardinal Television station, Sustained Dialogue group, and has played intramural basketball. In 2011, he was awarded the Rochester Audio Visual Association Media Scholarship Award, an award that is typically given to a student majoring in communications.
“Chris was a natural selection for the award because of his desire to go over and above expectations, and provide excellent service to the communication/journalism department on campus,” said Preteroti.
She added that Rush is a positive example of a student who has taken advantage of the opportunities Fisher had to offer him, and made it a goal to give back to the campus community.
Rush was recently profiled on CNNMoney.com for a story about Wegmans, where he has worked for the last six years. In fact, he has already accepted a position as a buyer for the company, which he will start after graduation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Chris Rush!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Faculty Participate in Cost of Poverty Experience
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference