Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
Kristy (Guerra) Marks ’08 and Dawn Borgeest ’82 recently won the two top individual awards at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Rochester Chapter’s annual PRism Awards on June 19.
Marks, Manager of Product Public Relations at Bausch + Lomb, received the chapter’s Rising Star Award. The award is given to a public relations professional who has worked in the industry for seven years or less and demonstrates exceptional competence, skill, and leadership potential.
Borgeest, Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at United Way of Greater Rochester, was honored with the Executive of the Year Award. This award recognizes a corporate or not-for-profit executive in the Greater Rochester Area who has demonstrated his/her understanding and regard for the practice of public relations.
The PRSA Rochester Chapter represents public relations professionals in the Greater Rochester Region. The chapter is home to a broad cross section of some of Rochester's most talented and dynamic public relations practitioners.
Dawn Borgeest makes remarks after accepting her award.
Photo credit: Mike Crupi
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation