Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
Kristy (Guerra) Marks ’08 and Dawn Borgeest ’82 recently won the two top individual awards at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Rochester Chapter’s annual PRism Awards on June 19.
Marks, Manager of Product Public Relations at Bausch + Lomb, received the chapter’s Rising Star Award. The award is given to a public relations professional who has worked in the industry for seven years or less and demonstrates exceptional competence, skill, and leadership potential.
Borgeest, Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at United Way of Greater Rochester, was honored with the Executive of the Year Award. This award recognizes a corporate or not-for-profit executive in the Greater Rochester Area who has demonstrated his/her understanding and regard for the practice of public relations.
The PRSA Rochester Chapter represents public relations professionals in the Greater Rochester Region. The chapter is home to a broad cross section of some of Rochester's most talented and dynamic public relations practitioners.
Dawn Borgeest makes remarks after accepting her award.
Photo credit: Mike Crupi
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain