Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
Kristy (Guerra) Marks ’08 and Dawn Borgeest ’82 recently won the two top individual awards at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Rochester Chapter’s annual PRism Awards on June 19.
Marks, Manager of Product Public Relations at Bausch + Lomb, received the chapter’s Rising Star Award. The award is given to a public relations professional who has worked in the industry for seven years or less and demonstrates exceptional competence, skill, and leadership potential.
Borgeest, Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at United Way of Greater Rochester, was honored with the Executive of the Year Award. This award recognizes a corporate or not-for-profit executive in the Greater Rochester Area who has demonstrated his/her understanding and regard for the practice of public relations.
The PRSA Rochester Chapter represents public relations professionals in the Greater Rochester Region. The chapter is home to a broad cross section of some of Rochester's most talented and dynamic public relations practitioners.
Dawn Borgeest makes remarks after accepting her award.
Photo credit: Mike Crupi
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative