Religious Studies to Host Lecture Featuring 1968 Alumnus
The Religious Studies Department will host a lecture on Wednesday, October 23, featuring guest lecturer and alumnus, Dr. Daniel Finn ’68, entitled “A Christian View of the Economy: Neither Left nor Right.” Finn is a Professor of Theology and Clemens Professor of Economics at St. John’s University in Minnesota. The lecture will take place in Basil 135 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Finn earned his Bachelor of Science degree at Fisher and went on to receive his Master of Arts and Ph.D. degrees at the University of Chicago. He is a past president of the Society of Christian Ethics, the Catholic Theological Society of America, and the Association for Social Economics. His books include The Moral Ecology of Markets: A Framework for Assessing Justice in Economic Life (Cambridge, 2006), The True Wealth of Nations: Catholic Social Thought and Economic Life (Oxford, 2010), and Christian Economic Ethics: History and Implications (Fortress, 2013).
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition