Rosenberry Gains Recognition Overseas
Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Associate Professor and Chair of the Communication/Journalism Department, has piqued the interest of colleagues from overseas.
He was recently contacted by two scholars and a journalist from Europe for his expertise in civic and citizen journalism. Nadezhda Khlebnikova and Olga Klepova, both from Russia, and Helen Froyseth, from Norway, reached out to him after reading his book, Public Journalism 2.0. The book includes analysis from Rosenberry and other scholars about how citizen journalism has gone into effect, and anyone with access to the Internet is able to essentially report on current events, news, and other issues.
Rosenberry first met Khlebnikova in May of 2010, shortly after his book was released, when she contacted him for information pertaining to her own research on the topic. She traveled from Washington, D.C. to the St. John Fisher College campus to conduct a face-to-face interview with Rosenberry for her research about how journalists can be more engaged in getting citizens to act on solving public problems.
Klepova, a Russian TV journalist and scholar, contacted Rosenberry directly to ask how she could get a copy of his book. They have had extensive conversations over the last couple months about his research, and she recently interviewed him via Skype, asking about the current state of civic and citizen journalism to help her with her research.
Froyseth is part of a trade group from Norway that is interested in doing civic and citizen journalism projects, and was interested in Rosenberry’s knowledge about examples of public journalism in newspapers.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year