Rosenberry Gains Recognition Overseas
Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Associate Professor and Chair of the Communication/Journalism Department, has piqued the interest of colleagues from overseas.
He was recently contacted by two scholars and a journalist from Europe for his expertise in civic and citizen journalism. Nadezhda Khlebnikova and Olga Klepova, both from Russia, and Helen Froyseth, from Norway, reached out to him after reading his book, Public Journalism 2.0. The book includes analysis from Rosenberry and other scholars about how citizen journalism has gone into effect, and anyone with access to the Internet is able to essentially report on current events, news, and other issues.
Rosenberry first met Khlebnikova in May of 2010, shortly after his book was released, when she contacted him for information pertaining to her own research on the topic. She traveled from Washington, D.C. to the St. John Fisher College campus to conduct a face-to-face interview with Rosenberry for her research about how journalists can be more engaged in getting citizens to act on solving public problems.
Klepova, a Russian TV journalist and scholar, contacted Rosenberry directly to ask how she could get a copy of his book. They have had extensive conversations over the last couple months about his research, and she recently interviewed him via Skype, asking about the current state of civic and citizen journalism to help her with her research.
Froyseth is part of a trade group from Norway that is interested in doing civic and citizen journalism projects, and was interested in Rosenberry’s knowledge about examples of public journalism in newspapers.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception