First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
In the midst of a jam-packed Orientation schedule for first-year students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the group still managed to find an afternoon to put away their notes and iPads and disperse into the community to help where they could.
Over 80 students went to a variety of locations in teams to tackle small and large projects. At the Ronald McDonald House, they worked outside and cleaned up some landscaping. At FoodLink, they spent time packing boxes in the warehouse. At the B. Thomas Golisano Hope Lodge Hospitality House at American Cancer Society, they helped throw a thank you party for volunteers. They also traveled to The Friendly Home, Seneca Park Zoo, St. Joseph’s Villa, Daystar, and the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester to lend helping hands.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign