First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
In the midst of a jam-packed Orientation schedule for first-year students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the group still managed to find an afternoon to put away their notes and iPads and disperse into the community to help where they could.
Over 80 students went to a variety of locations in teams to tackle small and large projects. At the Ronald McDonald House, they worked outside and cleaned up some landscaping. At FoodLink, they spent time packing boxes in the warehouse. At the B. Thomas Golisano Hope Lodge Hospitality House at American Cancer Society, they helped throw a thank you party for volunteers. They also traveled to The Friendly Home, Seneca Park Zoo, St. Joseph’s Villa, Daystar, and the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester to lend helping hands.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference