First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
In the midst of a jam-packed Orientation schedule for first-year students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the group still managed to find an afternoon to put away their notes and iPads and disperse into the community to help where they could.
Over 80 students went to a variety of locations in teams to tackle small and large projects. At the Ronald McDonald House, they worked outside and cleaned up some landscaping. At FoodLink, they spent time packing boxes in the warehouse. At the B. Thomas Golisano Hope Lodge Hospitality House at American Cancer Society, they helped throw a thank you party for volunteers. They also traveled to The Friendly Home, Seneca Park Zoo, St. Joseph’s Villa, Daystar, and the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester to lend helping hands.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Fisher to Break Ground on New Chapel