First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
In the midst of a jam-packed Orientation schedule for first-year students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the group still managed to find an afternoon to put away their notes and iPads and disperse into the community to help where they could.
Over 80 students went to a variety of locations in teams to tackle small and large projects. At the Ronald McDonald House, they worked outside and cleaned up some landscaping. At FoodLink, they spent time packing boxes in the warehouse. At the B. Thomas Golisano Hope Lodge Hospitality House at American Cancer Society, they helped throw a thank you party for volunteers. They also traveled to The Friendly Home, Seneca Park Zoo, St. Joseph’s Villa, Daystar, and the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester to lend helping hands.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program