First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
In the midst of a jam-packed Orientation schedule for first-year students at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, the group still managed to find an afternoon to put away their notes and iPads and disperse into the community to help where they could.
Over 80 students went to a variety of locations in teams to tackle small and large projects. At the Ronald McDonald House, they worked outside and cleaned up some landscaping. At FoodLink, they spent time packing boxes in the warehouse. At the B. Thomas Golisano Hope Lodge Hospitality House at American Cancer Society, they helped throw a thank you party for volunteers. They also traveled to The Friendly Home, Seneca Park Zoo, St. Joseph’s Villa, Daystar, and the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester to lend helping hands.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacco Named Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
- Turner to Deliver Talk at Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research at Cornell University
- Education Faculty Publish in International Journal
- Fisher Faculty Wins Visiting Position Abroad
- Ed.D. Graduate Selected to Present at LGBT Research Symposium