Chemistry Students to Present at National Conference
Chemistry students Lydia Morris and Fazia Filfil recently received I.M. Kolthoff Awards from the Analytical Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) to fund their travel to PITTCON 2013 where they will serve as conference presenters.
The Kolthoff Award is given annually to students who have done undergraduate research in the field of analytical chemistry. The award is named after the late Professor Izaak Maurits Kolthoff, an influential 20th century chemist, who became known as the father of modern analytical chemistry. Morris and Filfil, both juniors, each received $750 to fund travel expenses to the conference, which takes place March 17-21 in Philadelphia. Both students have conducted their research under the guidance of Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor, who will accompany them.
PITTCON is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. The conference attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia, and government from around the world.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain