Chemistry Students to Present at National Conference
Chemistry students Lydia Morris and Fazia Filfil recently received I.M. Kolthoff Awards from the Analytical Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) to fund their travel to PITTCON 2013 where they will serve as conference presenters.
The Kolthoff Award is given annually to students who have done undergraduate research in the field of analytical chemistry. The award is named after the late Professor Izaak Maurits Kolthoff, an influential 20th century chemist, who became known as the father of modern analytical chemistry. Morris and Filfil, both juniors, each received $750 to fund travel expenses to the conference, which takes place March 17-21 in Philadelphia. Both students have conducted their research under the guidance of Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor, who will accompany them.
PITTCON is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. The conference attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia, and government from around the world.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students