Chemistry Students to Present at National Conference
Chemistry students Lydia Morris and Fazia Filfil recently received I.M. Kolthoff Awards from the Analytical Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) to fund their travel to PITTCON 2013 where they will serve as conference presenters.
The Kolthoff Award is given annually to students who have done undergraduate research in the field of analytical chemistry. The award is named after the late Professor Izaak Maurits Kolthoff, an influential 20th century chemist, who became known as the father of modern analytical chemistry. Morris and Filfil, both juniors, each received $750 to fund travel expenses to the conference, which takes place March 17-21 in Philadelphia. Both students have conducted their research under the guidance of Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor, who will accompany them.
PITTCON is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. The conference attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia, and government from around the world.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair