Chemistry Students to Present at National Conference
Chemistry students Lydia Morris and Fazia Filfil recently received I.M. Kolthoff Awards from the Analytical Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) to fund their travel to PITTCON 2013 where they will serve as conference presenters.
The Kolthoff Award is given annually to students who have done undergraduate research in the field of analytical chemistry. The award is named after the late Professor Izaak Maurits Kolthoff, an influential 20th century chemist, who became known as the father of modern analytical chemistry. Morris and Filfil, both juniors, each received $750 to fund travel expenses to the conference, which takes place March 17-21 in Philadelphia. Both students have conducted their research under the guidance of Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor, who will accompany them.
PITTCON is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. The conference attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia, and government from around the world.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization