Chemistry Students to Present at National Conference
Chemistry students Lydia Morris and Fazia Filfil recently received I.M. Kolthoff Awards from the Analytical Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) to fund their travel to PITTCON 2013 where they will serve as conference presenters.
The Kolthoff Award is given annually to students who have done undergraduate research in the field of analytical chemistry. The award is named after the late Professor Izaak Maurits Kolthoff, an influential 20th century chemist, who became known as the father of modern analytical chemistry. Morris and Filfil, both juniors, each received $750 to fund travel expenses to the conference, which takes place March 17-21 in Philadelphia. Both students have conducted their research under the guidance of Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor, who will accompany them.
PITTCON is the world’s largest annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. The conference attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia, and government from around the world.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International