St. John Fisher College Announces New Doctoral Program Extension Site at Rockland Community College
At a press conference earlier today, St. John Fisher College announced that it will offer its Doctoral Program in Executive Leadership (Ed.D.) at Rockland Community College, beginning in September. This is the third extension site for Fisher’s Ed.D. Program—the College of New Rochelle was the College’s first site partner, opening in 2009, with Onondaga Community College opening in 2013. Today, Fisher President, Dr. Donald Bain, and Rockland President, Dr. Cliff L. Wood, formally signed the site agreement, officially opening Rockland’s first doctoral program.
The accelerated doctoral program is administered by Fisher’s Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and provides candidates with an opportunity to develop the critical leadership skills and knowledge that are required in today’s increasingly complex, diverse, and information-driven organizations. This unique program was developed to provide an attractive and viable alternative to traditional doctoral programs in educational leadership. To date, the program has enrolled 14 cohorts and graduated 195 students.
“We are so pleased to partner with Rockland to serve the surrounding community,” said Dr. Donald Bain, President of St. John Fisher College. “Both Fisher and Rockland are dedicated to preparing a new cadre of executives—men and women with essential leadership skills and a global perspective—who will not only play key professional roles in their communities, but who will use their knowledge and expertise to serve those communities as well.”
The cohort-paced model is designed around a multidisciplinary program of study in executive leadership. Classes meet year-round in an alternate weekend format, and courses are offered sequentially, organized by topical themes, and aligned with New York State, national, and institutional standards. In addition, the program includes professional development opportunities and seminars conducted by experts in the field of leadership. Candidates will also complete field experiences that align with the coursework.
“This is a great day for RCC and the Hudson Valley region. We are excited to collaborate with St. John Fisher College and provide the citizens throughout our region with a new opportunity to support their personal and professional goals,” said Dr. Cliff L. Wood, RCC’s President.
An information session is scheduled at Rockland on Thursday, June 12, at 6:00 p.m. Visit www.sjfc.edu/graduate/rcc or call the Office of Graduate Admissions at (585) 385-8161 to register.
Front row: President Cliff L. Wood and President Bain. Back row: Thomas Della Torre, RCC's Associate Vice President Academic & Community Partnerships; Dr. Susan Deer, RCC's Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Services; Dr. Nayyer Hussain, Vice President of Finance and Administration at RCC; Dr. Michael Wischnowski, Dean of the School of Education; Jose J. Perales, Director of Transfer and Graduate Admissions at Fisher; and Dr. Gerard J. Rooney, Fisher's Executive Vice President of Enrollment, Advancement, and Planning.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!