Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Professor and Chair of the Biology Department, has been named Assistant Provost of the College. Her new role will be effective on June 1.
In her new role, Lynd-Balta will oversee a comprehensive and coordinated academic support services platform that serves all enrolled students of the College. In addition, she will provide leadership and strategic direction for programs related to student success and faculty development.
During the 2012-13 academic year, Lynd-Balta served as the Interim Provost and Dean of the College, and returned to the classroom during this academic year. Prior to that, she co-chaired the Strategic Planning Committee and led the “Foundations of Excellence, Student Success, and Retention” initiative, which was a comprehensive, evidence-based self-study of all aspects of the first year of college, with the goal of finding ways to improve first-to-second-year retention.
Latest College News Stories
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Showcases Held throughout April Spotlight Student Work
- Sport Management Banquet Honors Students and Alumni
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two Students
- New Members Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Networking Event Connects Students, Tax Pros
- Six Honored during Staff Recognition Awards
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station