Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Professor and Chair of the Biology Department, has been named Assistant Provost of the College. Her new role will be effective on June 1.
In her new role, Lynd-Balta will oversee a comprehensive and coordinated academic support services platform that serves all enrolled students of the College. In addition, she will provide leadership and strategic direction for programs related to student success and faculty development.
During the 2012-13 academic year, Lynd-Balta served as the Interim Provost and Dean of the College, and returned to the classroom during this academic year. Prior to that, she co-chaired the Strategic Planning Committee and led the “Foundations of Excellence, Student Success, and Retention” initiative, which was a comprehensive, evidence-based self-study of all aspects of the first year of college, with the goal of finding ways to improve first-to-second-year retention.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence