Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Professor and Chair of the Biology Department, has been named Assistant Provost of the College. Her new role will be effective on June 1.
In her new role, Lynd-Balta will oversee a comprehensive and coordinated academic support services platform that serves all enrolled students of the College. In addition, she will provide leadership and strategic direction for programs related to student success and faculty development.
During the 2012-13 academic year, Lynd-Balta served as the Interim Provost and Dean of the College, and returned to the classroom during this academic year. Prior to that, she co-chaired the Strategic Planning Committee and led the “Foundations of Excellence, Student Success, and Retention” initiative, which was a comprehensive, evidence-based self-study of all aspects of the first year of college, with the goal of finding ways to improve first-to-second-year retention.
Latest College News Stories
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling