Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Professor and Chair of the Biology Department, has been named Assistant Provost of the College. Her new role will be effective on June 1.
In her new role, Lynd-Balta will oversee a comprehensive and coordinated academic support services platform that serves all enrolled students of the College. In addition, she will provide leadership and strategic direction for programs related to student success and faculty development.
During the 2012-13 academic year, Lynd-Balta served as the Interim Provost and Dean of the College, and returned to the classroom during this academic year. Prior to that, she co-chaired the Strategic Planning Committee and led the “Foundations of Excellence, Student Success, and Retention” initiative, which was a comprehensive, evidence-based self-study of all aspects of the first year of college, with the goal of finding ways to improve first-to-second-year retention.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades