Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Professor and Chair of the Biology Department, has been named Assistant Provost of the College. Her new role will be effective on June 1.
In her new role, Lynd-Balta will oversee a comprehensive and coordinated academic support services platform that serves all enrolled students of the College. In addition, she will provide leadership and strategic direction for programs related to student success and faculty development.
During the 2012-13 academic year, Lynd-Balta served as the Interim Provost and Dean of the College, and returned to the classroom during this academic year. Prior to that, she co-chaired the Strategic Planning Committee and led the “Foundations of Excellence, Student Success, and Retention” initiative, which was a comprehensive, evidence-based self-study of all aspects of the first year of college, with the goal of finding ways to improve first-to-second-year retention.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher