2011 Day of Celebration Honors Native American Heritage
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 250 attendees to this past weekend’s 12th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Native American culture. Latasha Hill and Quintell White served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. Members from Native American tribes across New York State were in attendance to share their culture. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Native American heritage. Some of the performers included the Young Spirit Dancers, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, Perry Storyteller, Bandhra Dance, and Fisher’s own Measure 13, Arts in Motion, and the Dance Club.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organization and department co-sponsors.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum