2011 Day of Celebration Honors Native American Heritage
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 250 attendees to this past weekend’s 12th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Native American culture. Latasha Hill and Quintell White served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. Members from Native American tribes across New York State were in attendance to share their culture. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Native American heritage. Some of the performers included the Young Spirit Dancers, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, Perry Storyteller, Bandhra Dance, and Fisher’s own Measure 13, Arts in Motion, and the Dance Club.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organization and department co-sponsors.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students