2011 Day of Celebration Honors Native American Heritage
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 250 attendees to this past weekend’s 12th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Native American culture. Latasha Hill and Quintell White served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. Members from Native American tribes across New York State were in attendance to share their culture. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Native American heritage. Some of the performers included the Young Spirit Dancers, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, Perry Storyteller, Bandhra Dance, and Fisher’s own Measure 13, Arts in Motion, and the Dance Club.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organization and department co-sponsors.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program