2011 Day of Celebration Honors Native American Heritage
St. John Fisher College’s Cleary Family Auditorium welcomed over 250 attendees to this past weekend’s 12th Annual Day of Celebration. This year, the focus of the Day of Celebration was the Native American culture. Latasha Hill and Quintell White served as the event student co-chairs.
The day started off with the Cultural Marketplace, showcasing holiday celebrations from various cultures, races, and ethnicities, including Three Kings, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Ramadan. Members from Native American tribes across New York State were in attendance to share their culture. In addition, many local organizations and individual members from the Rochester community participated as a performer or a vendor to showcase and celebrate their Native American heritage. Some of the performers included the Young Spirit Dancers, Odasz Dance Theatre/Western New York Ballet, Perry Storyteller, Bandhra Dance, and Fisher’s own Measure 13, Arts in Motion, and the Dance Club.
Special thanks to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, the Office of Campus Life, and the many student organization and department co-sponsors.
Latest College News Stories
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone