New York, New York for Investment Club
The St. John Fisher College Investment Club took their third annual trip to New York City earlier this month. The club was accompanied by Dr. Jana Berglund Simon, Assistant Professor of Finance, and the club’s faculty advisor.
One of their first stops, as in years past, was to Wall Street where they met with professionals, and learned about industry developments and career opportunities in the financial capital of the world. The group also had an opportunity to visit the Bloomberg headquarters, where they attended a seminar about the wealth of information that Bloomberg terminals provide. Simon said the students were impressed and immediately realized how valuable a tool this would be for student learning and the club’s investing activities. And to round out their visit, the group made a stop at the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald, a Wall Street firm that has been a great ally to the club since it began. While at the firm, students learned about credit markets, securitization, and visited professional trading floors.
“The students gained a valuable experience, made professional contacts, and managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing and fun,” said Simon.
Investment Club members in front of the Bloomberg HQ.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition