New York, New York for Investment Club
The St. John Fisher College Investment Club took their third annual trip to New York City earlier this month. The club was accompanied by Dr. Jana Berglund Simon, Assistant Professor of Finance, and the club’s faculty advisor.
One of their first stops, as in years past, was to Wall Street where they met with professionals, and learned about industry developments and career opportunities in the financial capital of the world. The group also had an opportunity to visit the Bloomberg headquarters, where they attended a seminar about the wealth of information that Bloomberg terminals provide. Simon said the students were impressed and immediately realized how valuable a tool this would be for student learning and the club’s investing activities. And to round out their visit, the group made a stop at the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald, a Wall Street firm that has been a great ally to the club since it began. While at the firm, students learned about credit markets, securitization, and visited professional trading floors.
“The students gained a valuable experience, made professional contacts, and managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing and fun,” said Simon.
Investment Club members in front of the Bloomberg HQ.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video