New York, New York for Investment Club
The St. John Fisher College Investment Club took their third annual trip to New York City earlier this month. The club was accompanied by Dr. Jana Berglund Simon, Assistant Professor of Finance, and the club’s faculty advisor.
One of their first stops, as in years past, was to Wall Street where they met with professionals, and learned about industry developments and career opportunities in the financial capital of the world. The group also had an opportunity to visit the Bloomberg headquarters, where they attended a seminar about the wealth of information that Bloomberg terminals provide. Simon said the students were impressed and immediately realized how valuable a tool this would be for student learning and the club’s investing activities. And to round out their visit, the group made a stop at the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald, a Wall Street firm that has been a great ally to the club since it began. While at the firm, students learned about credit markets, securitization, and visited professional trading floors.
“The students gained a valuable experience, made professional contacts, and managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing and fun,” said Simon.
Investment Club members in front of the Bloomberg HQ.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship