New York, New York for Investment Club
The St. John Fisher College Investment Club took their third annual trip to New York City earlier this month. The club was accompanied by Dr. Jana Berglund Simon, Assistant Professor of Finance, and the club’s faculty advisor.
One of their first stops, as in years past, was to Wall Street where they met with professionals, and learned about industry developments and career opportunities in the financial capital of the world. The group also had an opportunity to visit the Bloomberg headquarters, where they attended a seminar about the wealth of information that Bloomberg terminals provide. Simon said the students were impressed and immediately realized how valuable a tool this would be for student learning and the club’s investing activities. And to round out their visit, the group made a stop at the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald, a Wall Street firm that has been a great ally to the club since it began. While at the firm, students learned about credit markets, securitization, and visited professional trading floors.
“The students gained a valuable experience, made professional contacts, and managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing and fun,” said Simon.
Investment Club members in front of the Bloomberg HQ.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship