New York, New York for Investment Club
The St. John Fisher College Investment Club took their third annual trip to New York City earlier this month. The club was accompanied by Dr. Jana Berglund Simon, Assistant Professor of Finance, and the club’s faculty advisor.
One of their first stops, as in years past, was to Wall Street where they met with professionals, and learned about industry developments and career opportunities in the financial capital of the world. The group also had an opportunity to visit the Bloomberg headquarters, where they attended a seminar about the wealth of information that Bloomberg terminals provide. Simon said the students were impressed and immediately realized how valuable a tool this would be for student learning and the club’s investing activities. And to round out their visit, the group made a stop at the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald, a Wall Street firm that has been a great ally to the club since it began. While at the firm, students learned about credit markets, securitization, and visited professional trading floors.
“The students gained a valuable experience, made professional contacts, and managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing and fun,” said Simon.
Investment Club members in front of the Bloomberg HQ.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner