Fisher Earns NCAA Bid
St. John Fisher College has earned one of six at-large bids to the NCAA Division III Football Championship. The Cardinals (8-2) will travel to Baltimore to meet Johns Hopkins University (10-0) at 12 p.m. on Saturday in one of 16 opening round games.
This is Fisher's fourth appearance in the NCAA Championship, and its first since 2007. In addition, it is the ninth straight year the Cardinals have qualified for the postseason and the 10th consecutive season they have posted a winning record.
The Cardinals are coming off the largest comeback-win in school history this past Saturday. After falling behind Hartwick College 20-3 late in the first half, Fisher scored 49 straight points earning the 55-28 win. The winner of the Fisher-Johns Hopkins games will face the winner of Delaware Valley-Norwich the following week.
“We are obviously very excited about earning an at-large bid to the NCAAs,” says head coach Paul Vosburgh, now in his 21st season at the College. “At 10-0, we clearly have the utmost-respect for Johns Hopkins. We're going to work really hard this week to prepare ourselves and do our best to represent St. John Fisher College and the Empire 8 Conference.”
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year