Fisher Earns NCAA Bid
St. John Fisher College has earned one of six at-large bids to the NCAA Division III Football Championship. The Cardinals (8-2) will travel to Baltimore to meet Johns Hopkins University (10-0) at 12 p.m. on Saturday in one of 16 opening round games.
This is Fisher's fourth appearance in the NCAA Championship, and its first since 2007. In addition, it is the ninth straight year the Cardinals have qualified for the postseason and the 10th consecutive season they have posted a winning record.
The Cardinals are coming off the largest comeback-win in school history this past Saturday. After falling behind Hartwick College 20-3 late in the first half, Fisher scored 49 straight points earning the 55-28 win. The winner of the Fisher-Johns Hopkins games will face the winner of Delaware Valley-Norwich the following week.
“We are obviously very excited about earning an at-large bid to the NCAAs,” says head coach Paul Vosburgh, now in his 21st season at the College. “At 10-0, we clearly have the utmost-respect for Johns Hopkins. We're going to work really hard this week to prepare ourselves and do our best to represent St. John Fisher College and the Empire 8 Conference.”
Latest College News Stories
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank
- Nursing Students, Faculty Participate in Out of the Darkness Walk