School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
On August 3 and 4, the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education and the School’s Executive Leadership Doctoral Program sponsored the “Schools Sharing What Works” symposium for charter school teachers, leaders, and board members from across New York State. Over 100 participants came together to share innovative practices and practical strategies for student success.
Dr. Michael Wischnowski, Dean of the School of Education, and Mayor Lovely Warren opened the conference on Sunday evening, followed by keynote speaker Christopher D. Finn, Principal of Lady Liberty Academy Charter School in Newark, NJ. Finn, who was also a founding teacher at Promise Academy in the Harlem Children’s Zone, described education as a “calling” and pointed to many specific strategies and techniques that he has seen work effectively with children poised to achieve.
The conference continued with 23 individual workshop sessions ranging from student-led conferences to real estate strategies to the use of common core standards. Workshops were conducted by charter school teachers, leaders, and board members. In addition to key school representatives, sessions were provided by charter school experts from the Northeast Charter School Network as well as charter school authorizers from the SUNY Charter School Institute and the New York State Education Department.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer