Faculty and Alumna Co-Author Manuscript
Maia Van Beuren ’12 and Dr. Katrina Arndt, Associate Professor, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently co-authored a manuscript that will appear in the Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies this spring.
The manuscript is entitled, “The Speed of Dark and This Alien Shore: Representations of Cognitive Difference.”
Van Beuren earned her master’s degree in math, science, and technology education at Fisher. Her research interests include how stereotypes impact gender and science education, and the relationship between these and students’ attitudes towards science.
The Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies focuses on cultural, and especially literary, representations of disability.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”