Faculty and Alumna Co-Author Manuscript
Maia Van Beuren ’12 and Dr. Katrina Arndt, Associate Professor, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently co-authored a manuscript that will appear in the Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies this spring.
The manuscript is entitled, “The Speed of Dark and This Alien Shore: Representations of Cognitive Difference.”
Van Beuren earned her master’s degree in math, science, and technology education at Fisher. Her research interests include how stereotypes impact gender and science education, and the relationship between these and students’ attitudes towards science.
The Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies focuses on cultural, and especially literary, representations of disability.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International