Countdown to Commencement 2012 – Matthieu Schwert
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthieu Schwert, a Communication/ Journalism major. He was nominated by Kara Crosson, Haffey Hall Residence Director.
“Matt’s dedication to his school work and the Fisher community is something I will remember him by. He is a very hard worker and never starts something that he isn’t going to finish,” said Crosson.
Schwert serves the Fisher Community as a Resident Assistant, currently in Dorsey Hall. He is also a member of the National Residence Hall Honorary, which represents the top 1% of on-campus leaders. Additionally, he works in the Office of Campus Life as an intern and is a student ambassador in the Office of Admissions.
Crosson predicts that in ten years, Schwert will be working in the public relations field.
“I picture him working for a major sports team combining his two passions, public relations and athletics. I know that Matt will be very successful due to the time and effort he puts into all of his tasks,” she added.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Matthieu Schwert! Congratulations and best of luck to you, from everyone in the Fisher Family!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class