Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Berry
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Berry, a Political Science major and Communication/Journalism and American Studies minor. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Berry has soaked up all sorts of opportunities at Fisher and has immersed himself in the community. He is extremely involved, currently serving as the senior advisor to the Spring Event Committee that will be bringing Phillip Phillips to campus April 25, and he is also a Resident Assistant and the Senior Class Senator.
His involvement doesn’t stop there. He is former Student Government Association President, a role he filled in his junior year, and Director of Student Services. Through all of his involvement, he has been able to interact with and advocate for a number of students on campus.
The Fisher community missed Berry in the fall when he was studying in Washington D.C. and interning in Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s office. His incredible work ethic and charisma served him well in his internship, and he is currently interning in the College’s Office of Admissions.
Aside from his ability to catch gummy bears in his mouth at any distance, Berry has incredible passion for helping others that will guide him post-graduation.
“His passion and desire to be an advocate for fellow students and doing what he can to make the student experience the best for his peers is what I will most remember about Matt,” said Rodgers.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Berry!
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference