Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Berry
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Berry, a Political Science major and Communication/Journalism and American Studies minor. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Berry has soaked up all sorts of opportunities at Fisher and has immersed himself in the community. He is extremely involved, currently serving as the senior advisor to the Spring Event Committee that will be bringing Phillip Phillips to campus April 25, and he is also a Resident Assistant and the Senior Class Senator.
His involvement doesn’t stop there. He is former Student Government Association President, a role he filled in his junior year, and Director of Student Services. Through all of his involvement, he has been able to interact with and advocate for a number of students on campus.
The Fisher community missed Berry in the fall when he was studying in Washington D.C. and interning in Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s office. His incredible work ethic and charisma served him well in his internship, and he is currently interning in the College’s Office of Admissions.
Aside from his ability to catch gummy bears in his mouth at any distance, Berry has incredible passion for helping others that will guide him post-graduation.
“His passion and desire to be an advocate for fellow students and doing what he can to make the student experience the best for his peers is what I will most remember about Matt,” said Rodgers.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Berry!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice