President and Mrs. Bain Host Cooking Class
On Tuesday, April 1, Dr. Bain put his Presidential duties on hold and put on an apron instead. Bain and his wife, Meg, hosted “A President Called Sous,” a cooking class for students where they prepared a breakfast feast alongside Lackmann’s Executive Chef, Joel Kraft.
About 25 students attended the class and watched the President’s sous-chef skills. They prepared omelets, crepes, and other breakfast delights.
The class is part of the “Life After Lackmann” series that began in 2013 after graduating students started to think about their lives after Lackmann and realized they may need to learn a thing or two about cooking healthy meals for themselves.
There are two additional “Life After Lackmann” classes that are open to the campus community. They will take place on Wednesday, April 9, in the Ward-Haffey Dining Hall and Saturday, April 12, in the Campus Center Mainstage. The first class will have a healthy cooking theme, and the second class will focus on grilling.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides