President and Mrs. Bain Host Cooking Class
On Tuesday, April 1, Dr. Bain put his Presidential duties on hold and put on an apron instead. Bain and his wife, Meg, hosted “A President Called Sous,” a cooking class for students where they prepared a breakfast feast alongside Lackmann’s Executive Chef, Joel Kraft.
About 25 students attended the class and watched the President’s sous-chef skills. They prepared omelets, crepes, and other breakfast delights.
The class is part of the “Life After Lackmann” series that began in 2013 after graduating students started to think about their lives after Lackmann and realized they may need to learn a thing or two about cooking healthy meals for themselves.
There are two additional “Life After Lackmann” classes that are open to the campus community. They will take place on Wednesday, April 9, in the Ward-Haffey Dining Hall and Saturday, April 12, in the Campus Center Mainstage. The first class will have a healthy cooking theme, and the second class will focus on grilling.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam