President and Mrs. Bain Host Cooking Class
On Tuesday, April 1, Dr. Bain put his Presidential duties on hold and put on an apron instead. Bain and his wife, Meg, hosted “A President Called Sous,” a cooking class for students where they prepared a breakfast feast alongside Lackmann’s Executive Chef, Joel Kraft.
About 25 students attended the class and watched the President’s sous-chef skills. They prepared omelets, crepes, and other breakfast delights.
The class is part of the “Life After Lackmann” series that began in 2013 after graduating students started to think about their lives after Lackmann and realized they may need to learn a thing or two about cooking healthy meals for themselves.
There are two additional “Life After Lackmann” classes that are open to the campus community. They will take place on Wednesday, April 9, in the Ward-Haffey Dining Hall and Saturday, April 12, in the Campus Center Mainstage. The first class will have a healthy cooking theme, and the second class will focus on grilling.
Latest College News Stories
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Showcases Held throughout April Spotlight Student Work
- Sport Management Banquet Honors Students and Alumni
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two Students
- New Members Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Networking Event Connects Students, Tax Pros
- Six Honored during Staff Recognition Awards
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station