School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
On Wednesday, May 15, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted the Professional Development Schools (PDS) Celebration Dinner to thank representatives for another year of partnerships benefiting Fisher education students. A total of 30 representatives from PDSs attended.
PDSs are innovative institutions formed through partnerships between professional education programs and P-12 schools, and support professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-oriented approach to teaching.
The mission of these partnerships is to prepare new teachers and other educators, support professional development, support inquiry directed at the improvement of professional practice, and improve student learning.
During the dinner, representatives from Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25 were presented with a certificate recognizing their long-standing partnership with Fisher.
“I appreciate all that the School of Education does for my little ones and for my building. It makes a difference in the lives of your students and mine,” said Deborah Lazio ’02, School No. 25 Principal.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards