Kozan Publishes Two Articles
Dr. Kamil Kozan, Professor of Management in the School of Business, recently had two articles published in internationally read trade publications.
"Bases of Power and Conflict Intervention Strategy," was published in International Journal of Conflict Management. The article focuses on Kozan’s study which found that managers with charismatic power use mediation in handling conflicts among subordinates. But, when the conflicts escalate, managers are likely to use reward power and resort to more intrusive methods like arbitration. Subordinate satisfaction is highest with mediation, and training of managers in early and continued mediation is advised for better workplace conflict management.
His second article, "Role of Strong versus Weak Networks in Small Business Growth in an Emerging Economy," was published in Administrative Sciences, and argues that in an emerging economy, entrepreneurs rely on a closely knit network of friends and family more than a loose network of banks, financiers, or consultants.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine