Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
A group of 14 students from St. John Fisher College’s American Marketing Association (SJFCAMA) traveled to New Orleans, Louisiana for the 36th Annual American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference (AMAICC) held April 10-12.
The conference hosted colleges and universities from all over the United States to compete in different activities and workshops representing the conference theme, “Return of the Marketers.” Dr. Ray Shady, Professor of Marketing, accompanied the students on the trip.
SJFCAMA won four awards for their work during this past year including: Outstanding Marketing Week Activities, Exemplary Collegiate Chapter Performance, Exemplary Performance in Community Service, and Exemplary Performance in Fundraising.
The conference included a social scramble icebreaker and a presentation from keynote speaker, Dave Delaney, President of Dave Delaney Consulting. Each chapter was also responsible for an exhibit, complete with themed tents, tables, and chapter t-shirt designs.
Fisher’s tent was called “The Big Business of Booze Branding- Evolution of Alcohol Advertising December 5th 1933 to Today.” Their tent included themed games, images of the evolution of alcohol advertisements throughout the years, and their exhibit t-shirts.
The members also attended several speaker presentations, networking sessions, creative thinking competitions, and e-board planning workshops to better themselves for the upcoming academic year.
The SJFCAMA group was lucky enough to get the opportunity to visit a local advertising agency in New Orleans called Gumbo LIVE, a conglomerate of Momentum Worldwide and business partner of Jay Advertising from Rochester. At the agency, the students participated in a creative session to brainstorm ideas for the upcoming Jazz Fest. The students also attended the French Quarter Festival, which is a three-day event that celebrates the food, music, and people of New Orleans.
“The AMAICC was one of the premier experiences of my college career. I am incredibly grateful to know such an amazing group of students and will remember our experience in New Orleans forever,” said Rob Meacham ’14.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom