Students Host Parents’ Night Out as Service-Learning Project
Six education candidates from the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted a parents’ night out in collaboration with CP Rochester on Friday, December 2.
Students were part of Dr. Jim Woods’ Diversity in American Society course, a service-learning course, and spent their semester working with the organization on the project. A total of 14 families took advantage of the event, and 14 pre-schoolers participated in a variety of activities – all planned, led, and executed by the Fisher students. A group of first generation scholars also assisted with the project.
CP Rochester exists to support people with physical and developmental disabilities in choosing and accomplishing successive individualized life goals.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Case Competition Brings Sports, Statistics Together
- Campus to Hold “Four Freedoms Week”
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Social Media Conference Features Fisher Professor
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend