Students Host Parents’ Night Out as Service-Learning Project
Six education candidates from the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted a parents’ night out in collaboration with CP Rochester on Friday, December 2.
Students were part of Dr. Jim Woods’ Diversity in American Society course, a service-learning course, and spent their semester working with the organization on the project. A total of 14 families took advantage of the event, and 14 pre-schoolers participated in a variety of activities – all planned, led, and executed by the Fisher students. A group of first generation scholars also assisted with the project.
CP Rochester exists to support people with physical and developmental disabilities in choosing and accomplishing successive individualized life goals.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam