Students Host Parents’ Night Out as Service-Learning Project
Six education candidates from the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education hosted a parents’ night out in collaboration with CP Rochester on Friday, December 2.
Students were part of Dr. Jim Woods’ Diversity in American Society course, a service-learning course, and spent their semester working with the organization on the project. A total of 14 families took advantage of the event, and 14 pre-schoolers participated in a variety of activities – all planned, led, and executed by the Fisher students. A group of first generation scholars also assisted with the project.
CP Rochester exists to support people with physical and developmental disabilities in choosing and accomplishing successive individualized life goals.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference