Social Justice Fair to Showcase Student Collaborations
On Tuesday, December 6, students will be hosting the annual Social Justice Fair, which will feature poster presentations of their work on a wide range of diversity, social justice, and education topics. The fair will take place in Cleary Auditorium from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
The work was all done in Diversity and Social Justice classes taught by Dr. Jim Wood, Dr. Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Dr. Jeff Liles, faculty in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
And for the first time in the history of the fair, high school students from Wilson Early College and International High School in Rochester will also be presenting posters. The College has a formal partnership with the school, whose mission is to provide “innovative educational opportunities that cultivate confident, college-immersed, globally competent citizens.” Several Fisher students partnered with the Rochester students and their teachers to research topics and create posters for the fair.
“One of the most pressing issues for humanity to confront are the persistent inequities that exist in all societies. At Fisher, aspiring teachers are consistently working to understand how to diminish these injustices,” said Wood. “We encourage students to see their future work with children as one part of a commitment to a whole community. Projects at the Social Justice Fair will reflect Fisher's aspiring teachers' efforts to begin a lifelong effort to achieve a more just society.”
Latest College News Stories
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day