Social Justice Fair to Showcase Student Collaborations
On Tuesday, December 6, students will be hosting the annual Social Justice Fair, which will feature poster presentations of their work on a wide range of diversity, social justice, and education topics. The fair will take place in Cleary Auditorium from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
The work was all done in Diversity and Social Justice classes taught by Dr. Jim Wood, Dr. Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Dr. Jeff Liles, faculty in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
And for the first time in the history of the fair, high school students from Wilson Early College and International High School in Rochester will also be presenting posters. The College has a formal partnership with the school, whose mission is to provide “innovative educational opportunities that cultivate confident, college-immersed, globally competent citizens.” Several Fisher students partnered with the Rochester students and their teachers to research topics and create posters for the fair.
“One of the most pressing issues for humanity to confront are the persistent inequities that exist in all societies. At Fisher, aspiring teachers are consistently working to understand how to diminish these injustices,” said Wood. “We encourage students to see their future work with children as one part of a commitment to a whole community. Projects at the Social Justice Fair will reflect Fisher's aspiring teachers' efforts to begin a lifelong effort to achieve a more just society.”
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair