Social Justice Fair to Showcase Student Collaborations
On Tuesday, December 6, students will be hosting the annual Social Justice Fair, which will feature poster presentations of their work on a wide range of diversity, social justice, and education topics. The fair will take place in Cleary Auditorium from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
The work was all done in Diversity and Social Justice classes taught by Dr. Jim Wood, Dr. Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Dr. Jeff Liles, faculty in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
And for the first time in the history of the fair, high school students from Wilson Early College and International High School in Rochester will also be presenting posters. The College has a formal partnership with the school, whose mission is to provide “innovative educational opportunities that cultivate confident, college-immersed, globally competent citizens.” Several Fisher students partnered with the Rochester students and their teachers to research topics and create posters for the fair.
“One of the most pressing issues for humanity to confront are the persistent inequities that exist in all societies. At Fisher, aspiring teachers are consistently working to understand how to diminish these injustices,” said Wood. “We encourage students to see their future work with children as one part of a commitment to a whole community. Projects at the Social Justice Fair will reflect Fisher's aspiring teachers' efforts to begin a lifelong effort to achieve a more just society.”
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year