Social Justice Fair to Showcase Student Collaborations
On Tuesday, December 6, students will be hosting the annual Social Justice Fair, which will feature poster presentations of their work on a wide range of diversity, social justice, and education topics. The fair will take place in Cleary Auditorium from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
The work was all done in Diversity and Social Justice classes taught by Dr. Jim Wood, Dr. Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Dr. Jeff Liles, faculty in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
And for the first time in the history of the fair, high school students from Wilson Early College and International High School in Rochester will also be presenting posters. The College has a formal partnership with the school, whose mission is to provide “innovative educational opportunities that cultivate confident, college-immersed, globally competent citizens.” Several Fisher students partnered with the Rochester students and their teachers to research topics and create posters for the fair.
“One of the most pressing issues for humanity to confront are the persistent inequities that exist in all societies. At Fisher, aspiring teachers are consistently working to understand how to diminish these injustices,” said Wood. “We encourage students to see their future work with children as one part of a commitment to a whole community. Projects at the Social Justice Fair will reflect Fisher's aspiring teachers' efforts to begin a lifelong effort to achieve a more just society.”
Latest College News Stories
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course