Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
Freshmen and seniors should have received an email inviting them to participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement, a result of the recommendations that came from the Foundations of Excellence study several years ago.
The NSSE survey launched on February 20 and will remain open until early-April; freshmen and seniors are encouraged to participate.
NSSE “assesses the extent to which students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.” The survey will collect information from participating students in seven categories:
- Participation in educationally purposeful activities
- Institutional requirements and the challenging nature of coursework
- Perceptions of the college environment
- Estimates of educational and personal growth since starting college
- Background and demographic information
- Academic advising
- Experiences with writing
“We will use the data collected from the survey to examine the learning experiences of our undergraduate students and identify ways in which these experiences can be improved both inside and outside the classroom,” said Kristin Anderson, Coordinator of Institutional Assessment and Accreditation.
Students will have a chance to win a Nook tablet just for participating. The results of the survey will be shared with the campus this fall.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24