Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
Freshmen and seniors should have received an email inviting them to participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement, a result of the recommendations that came from the Foundations of Excellence study several years ago.
The NSSE survey launched on February 20 and will remain open until early-April; freshmen and seniors are encouraged to participate.
NSSE “assesses the extent to which students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.” The survey will collect information from participating students in seven categories:
- Participation in educationally purposeful activities
- Institutional requirements and the challenging nature of coursework
- Perceptions of the college environment
- Estimates of educational and personal growth since starting college
- Background and demographic information
- Academic advising
- Experiences with writing
“We will use the data collected from the survey to examine the learning experiences of our undergraduate students and identify ways in which these experiences can be improved both inside and outside the classroom,” said Kristin Anderson, Coordinator of Institutional Assessment and Accreditation.
Students will have a chance to win a Nook tablet just for participating. The results of the survey will be shared with the campus this fall.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video