Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
Freshmen and seniors should have received an email inviting them to participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement, a result of the recommendations that came from the Foundations of Excellence study several years ago.
The NSSE survey launched on February 20 and will remain open until early-April; freshmen and seniors are encouraged to participate.
NSSE “assesses the extent to which students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.” The survey will collect information from participating students in seven categories:
- Participation in educationally purposeful activities
- Institutional requirements and the challenging nature of coursework
- Perceptions of the college environment
- Estimates of educational and personal growth since starting college
- Background and demographic information
- Academic advising
- Experiences with writing
“We will use the data collected from the survey to examine the learning experiences of our undergraduate students and identify ways in which these experiences can be improved both inside and outside the classroom,” said Kristin Anderson, Coordinator of Institutional Assessment and Accreditation.
Students will have a chance to win a Nook tablet just for participating. The results of the survey will be shared with the campus this fall.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Faculty Participate in Cost of Poverty Experience
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference