Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
Freshmen and seniors should have received an email inviting them to participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement, a result of the recommendations that came from the Foundations of Excellence study several years ago.
The NSSE survey launched on February 20 and will remain open until early-April; freshmen and seniors are encouraged to participate.
NSSE “assesses the extent to which students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.” The survey will collect information from participating students in seven categories:
- Participation in educationally purposeful activities
- Institutional requirements and the challenging nature of coursework
- Perceptions of the college environment
- Estimates of educational and personal growth since starting college
- Background and demographic information
- Academic advising
- Experiences with writing
“We will use the data collected from the survey to examine the learning experiences of our undergraduate students and identify ways in which these experiences can be improved both inside and outside the classroom,” said Kristin Anderson, Coordinator of Institutional Assessment and Accreditation.
Students will have a chance to win a Nook tablet just for participating. The results of the survey will be shared with the campus this fall.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program