Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
Freshmen and seniors should have received an email inviting them to participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement, a result of the recommendations that came from the Foundations of Excellence study several years ago.
The NSSE survey launched on February 20 and will remain open until early-April; freshmen and seniors are encouraged to participate.
NSSE “assesses the extent to which students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.” The survey will collect information from participating students in seven categories:
- Participation in educationally purposeful activities
- Institutional requirements and the challenging nature of coursework
- Perceptions of the college environment
- Estimates of educational and personal growth since starting college
- Background and demographic information
- Academic advising
- Experiences with writing
“We will use the data collected from the survey to examine the learning experiences of our undergraduate students and identify ways in which these experiences can be improved both inside and outside the classroom,” said Kristin Anderson, Coordinator of Institutional Assessment and Accreditation.
Students will have a chance to win a Nook tablet just for participating. The results of the survey will be shared with the campus this fall.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer