Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
Nationally-ranked St. John Fisher College advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Football Championship with a convincing 27-6 win at previously unbeaten Hobart College on Saturday.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall, marking the fifth time in the last 10 years the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column. It is the fourth consecutive time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8 (2006, 2007, and 2011) in NCAA action. The victory also marks the second consecutive week Fisher has knocked off a top 10 team. Fisher, ranked 25th in the final regular season D3football.com poll, beat No. 8 Hobart this week after rallying last week from a 13-0 deficit to win 25-16 at No. 9 John Carroll University.
Fisher will travel to Belton, Texas, to face the No. 3 Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders (12-0) in the NCAA Division III Football Championship quarterfinals. Kickoff is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, at 12 p.m. CST (1 p.m. EST).
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer