Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
Nationally-ranked St. John Fisher College advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Football Championship with a convincing 27-6 win at previously unbeaten Hobart College on Saturday.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall, marking the fifth time in the last 10 years the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column. It is the fourth consecutive time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8 (2006, 2007, and 2011) in NCAA action. The victory also marks the second consecutive week Fisher has knocked off a top 10 team. Fisher, ranked 25th in the final regular season D3football.com poll, beat No. 8 Hobart this week after rallying last week from a 13-0 deficit to win 25-16 at No. 9 John Carroll University.
Fisher will travel to Belton, Texas, to face the No. 3 Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders (12-0) in the NCAA Division III Football Championship quarterfinals. Kickoff is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, at 12 p.m. CST (1 p.m. EST).
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy