Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
Nationally-ranked St. John Fisher College advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Football Championship with a convincing 27-6 win at previously unbeaten Hobart College on Saturday.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall, marking the fifth time in the last 10 years the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column. It is the fourth consecutive time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8 (2006, 2007, and 2011) in NCAA action. The victory also marks the second consecutive week Fisher has knocked off a top 10 team. Fisher, ranked 25th in the final regular season D3football.com poll, beat No. 8 Hobart this week after rallying last week from a 13-0 deficit to win 25-16 at No. 9 John Carroll University.
Fisher will travel to Belton, Texas, to face the No. 3 Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders (12-0) in the NCAA Division III Football Championship quarterfinals. Kickoff is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, at 12 p.m. CST (1 p.m. EST).
Latest College News Stories
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation