Winter Break Britain-Style for Eight Fisher Students
While most students spent their winter break at home catching up with family and friends, or working to restore their bank accounts, eight St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism students took the trip of a lifetime to London, England.
Approximately 77 students from St. John Fisher College, Monroe Community College, Niagara University, and Cayuga Community College left on January 3. Students Christy Valvano, Lauren Gala, Katie Chase, Jenna Huether, Nicholette Simonelli, Liz Morris, Krysta Lougheed, and Jeff Gerace took the trip, and Professor Tom Proietti accompanied them – his 23rd time on this trip!
The group spent two weeks there, and kicked off their visit with a guided tour of Windsor Castle. They went on a variety of media-focused guided tours, stopped at Stonehenge, and visited Bath and Greenwich. Most of their time was spent in the South Kensington area of London, a posh and multi-cultural region in one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
In addition, they experienced a day at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), and had the chance to watch a live showing of “Loose Women,” the British version of America’s “The View.” They also fit in the London Film Museum and the London Eye, which is the largest ferris wheel in the world.
During one of the group’s “free” days, they had the opportunity to experience the world famous high-speed EuroStar, traveling from London to Paris, France, for the day.
Three of the students were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, as they passed by a red-carpet premiere for “War Horse.”
“Being part of this program was such a great experience, and will be another Fisher memory that will last a lifetime,” said Huether.
Nicholette Simonelli, Jeff Gerace, Lauren Gala, Christy Valvano, Jenna Huether, Tom Proietti, Katie Chase, and Liz Morris at Windsor Castle.
Students Nicholette Simonelli, Krysta Lougheed, Liz Morris, Jenna Huether, Katie Chase, Lauren Gala, and Christy Valvano get ready to visit the National Theater.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair