Winter Break Britain-Style for Eight Fisher Students
While most students spent their winter break at home catching up with family and friends, or working to restore their bank accounts, eight St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism students took the trip of a lifetime to London, England.
Approximately 77 students from St. John Fisher College, Monroe Community College, Niagara University, and Cayuga Community College left on January 3. Students Christy Valvano, Lauren Gala, Katie Chase, Jenna Huether, Nicholette Simonelli, Liz Morris, Krysta Lougheed, and Jeff Gerace took the trip, and Professor Tom Proietti accompanied them – his 23rd time on this trip!
The group spent two weeks there, and kicked off their visit with a guided tour of Windsor Castle. They went on a variety of media-focused guided tours, stopped at Stonehenge, and visited Bath and Greenwich. Most of their time was spent in the South Kensington area of London, a posh and multi-cultural region in one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
In addition, they experienced a day at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), and had the chance to watch a live showing of “Loose Women,” the British version of America’s “The View.” They also fit in the London Film Museum and the London Eye, which is the largest ferris wheel in the world.
During one of the group’s “free” days, they had the opportunity to experience the world famous high-speed EuroStar, traveling from London to Paris, France, for the day.
Three of the students were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, as they passed by a red-carpet premiere for “War Horse.”
“Being part of this program was such a great experience, and will be another Fisher memory that will last a lifetime,” said Huether.
Nicholette Simonelli, Jeff Gerace, Lauren Gala, Christy Valvano, Jenna Huether, Tom Proietti, Katie Chase, and Liz Morris at Windsor Castle.
Students Nicholette Simonelli, Krysta Lougheed, Liz Morris, Jenna Huether, Katie Chase, Lauren Gala, and Christy Valvano get ready to visit the National Theater.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement