Madigan Serves as Keynote Speaker in France
Dr. Timothy Madigan, Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy and Classical Studies, recently served as a conference keynote speaker at the Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier III in Montpellier, France. The conference, "Believing in the Nineteenth Century," took place on December 3, 2011.
Madigan presented “W.K. Clifford and ‘The Ethics of Belief.’” The conference was an international gathering of scholars interested in epistemological and ethical issues relating to the British Victorian era.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy