Madigan Serves as Keynote Speaker in France
Dr. Timothy Madigan, Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy and Classical Studies, recently served as a conference keynote speaker at the Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier III in Montpellier, France. The conference, "Believing in the Nineteenth Century," took place on December 3, 2011.
Madigan presented “W.K. Clifford and ‘The Ethics of Belief.’” The conference was an international gathering of scholars interested in epistemological and ethical issues relating to the British Victorian era.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program