Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
Dr. Chinwe Ikpeze, Assistant Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently published an article in the Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research.
The article was entitled “Increasing Urban Students’ Engagement with School: Toward the Expeditionary Learning Model.” The article documented the findings of a case study of an expeditionary learning school in Rochester. Ikpeze collected data from student survey, interviews, field notes, classroom observation, and other school activities. The study revealed that expeditionary learning was successful in this particular school because of the school culture, structure, teachers’ commitment, and community engagement. This implies that urban school reform hinges on choosing the right school reform model, committed teachers and an engaging curriculum.
The Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research is a publication of the American Education Research Association’s Special Interest Group Urban Learning, Teaching, and Research which promotes collaborative development and dissemination of its members' achievements in research and professional practice in urban learning and teaching.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship