Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
Dr. Chinwe Ikpeze, Assistant Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently published an article in the Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research.
The article was entitled “Increasing Urban Students’ Engagement with School: Toward the Expeditionary Learning Model.” The article documented the findings of a case study of an expeditionary learning school in Rochester. Ikpeze collected data from student survey, interviews, field notes, classroom observation, and other school activities. The study revealed that expeditionary learning was successful in this particular school because of the school culture, structure, teachers’ commitment, and community engagement. This implies that urban school reform hinges on choosing the right school reform model, committed teachers and an engaging curriculum.
The Journal of Urban Learning, Teaching and Research is a publication of the American Education Research Association’s Special Interest Group Urban Learning, Teaching, and Research which promotes collaborative development and dissemination of its members' achievements in research and professional practice in urban learning and teaching.
Latest College News Stories
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3