Sacco Attends National Clinical Nurse Specialist Conference
Tara Sacco, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, attended the 2013 Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from March 7-9.
The conference, “The CNS: Leading Innovations for Health Care Change,” attracted over 500 clinical nurse specialists from across the country. Sessions and workshops were focused on: cost savings and quality care initiatives that the CNS brings to the clinical environment; the status of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Consensus Model and its impact for the graduating CNS and the established CNS; and new opportunities that have opened as a result of health care reform and the Affordable Care Act.
NACNS was founded in 1995 and strives to enhance and promote the unique and valuable contribution of the clinical nurse specialist to the health and well-being of individuals, families, groups, and communities, and to promote and advance the practice of nursing.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History