Sacco Attends National Clinical Nurse Specialist Conference
Tara Sacco, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, attended the 2013 Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from March 7-9.
The conference, “The CNS: Leading Innovations for Health Care Change,” attracted over 500 clinical nurse specialists from across the country. Sessions and workshops were focused on: cost savings and quality care initiatives that the CNS brings to the clinical environment; the status of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Consensus Model and its impact for the graduating CNS and the established CNS; and new opportunities that have opened as a result of health care reform and the Affordable Care Act.
NACNS was founded in 1995 and strives to enhance and promote the unique and valuable contribution of the clinical nurse specialist to the health and well-being of individuals, families, groups, and communities, and to promote and advance the practice of nursing.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception