St. John Fisher College Names Dr. Randall Krieg as New Provost and Dean
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Randall Krieg as the new Provost and Dean of the College, effective July 1.
In his role at Fisher, Krieg will be the Chief Academic Officer with responsibility for academic leadership and administration in the areas of planning, developing, implementing, and assessing all academic programs and services. He will provide leadership and supervision for the College’s School of Arts and Sciences; School of Business; Wegmans School of Nursing; Wegmans School of Pharmacy; the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education; Office of the Registrar; Career Services; Lavery Library; and Academic Opportunity Programs. In addition, he will be a member of the President’s Cabinet and the Senior Staff.
“We’re delighted to have an individual of Randall Krieg’s caliber join the ranks of Fisher’s executive administration,” said Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College. “Dr. Krieg’s experience and talents are an excellent match for the academic leadership needs of the College.”
Krieg comes to Fisher from Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, where he served as Dean of the College since 2007. From 2003 until 2007, he held several positions of increasing importance at St. Joseph’s College New York, culminating in his role as Academic Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Prior to St. Joseph’s College New York, he was with the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota, where he was a Professor in the Business Division, Director of Graduate Programs, and Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs – positions he held simultaneously from 2000-2003.
During his thirteen-year tenure at the University of Northern Iowa, from 1987 until 2000, he rose through the academic ranks, from assistant professor to full professor in the Department of Economics.
Throughout his academic career, Krieg has had direct experience in online education, service-learning, diversity and multicultural affairs, and experiential education. He also has prior experience in strategic planning, assessment, and accreditation self-studies.
Latest College News Stories
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”