Lavery Library Completes Round One of Rochester Radio Project
Lavery Library has completed the first round of the Rochester Radio Project, updating the Library’s Rochester Radio History Collection’s audio series that was completed in the 1980s.
The collection contains historic equipment, photographs, and documents specific to the local radio broadcasting industry, with a special emphasis on WHAM history and personalities. In addition to books and documents, audio interviews with people in radio production, management, and on-air personalities are available, as well as audio of radio shows and broadcasts.
Fisher graduates Patrick Crozier and Jessica Stokes served as the interviewers, and caught up with local radio personalities from Rochester: Ed Musicus; Jack Palvino; Gary Smith; Joe LoMonaco; Matt Rinaldi; Nick Nickson; Brother Wease; Pete Kennedy; Tony Infantino; Andre Langston; Dan Guilfoyle; Mike Whittemore; Terry Clifford; Ed Ferland; and Mike O’Brien.
The library hosted all of the participants at a thank-you luncheon in November.
The project was funded by the Lowell H. MacMillan Endowment, which was created in 1986 to support the collection of materials related to Rochester radio history.
The next round of interviews will begin in spring 2013.
Brother Wease with Jessica Stokes'12.
Patrick Crozier '11 with Tony Infantino.
Radio history team: Crozier with Cecil Felton, Executive Producer of the series, and Danny Guilfoyle, an interviewee and driving force in the project.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence