Lavery Library Completes Round One of Rochester Radio Project
Lavery Library has completed the first round of the Rochester Radio Project, updating the Library’s Rochester Radio History Collection’s audio series that was completed in the 1980s.
The collection contains historic equipment, photographs, and documents specific to the local radio broadcasting industry, with a special emphasis on WHAM history and personalities. In addition to books and documents, audio interviews with people in radio production, management, and on-air personalities are available, as well as audio of radio shows and broadcasts.
Fisher graduates Patrick Crozier and Jessica Stokes served as the interviewers, and caught up with local radio personalities from Rochester: Ed Musicus; Jack Palvino; Gary Smith; Joe LoMonaco; Matt Rinaldi; Nick Nickson; Brother Wease; Pete Kennedy; Tony Infantino; Andre Langston; Dan Guilfoyle; Mike Whittemore; Terry Clifford; Ed Ferland; and Mike O’Brien.
The library hosted all of the participants at a thank-you luncheon in November.
The project was funded by the Lowell H. MacMillan Endowment, which was created in 1986 to support the collection of materials related to Rochester radio history.
The next round of interviews will begin in spring 2013.
Brother Wease with Jessica Stokes'12.
Patrick Crozier '11 with Tony Infantino.
Radio history team: Crozier with Cecil Felton, Executive Producer of the series, and Danny Guilfoyle, an interviewee and driving force in the project.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum