Lavery Library Completes Round One of Rochester Radio Project
Lavery Library has completed the first round of the Rochester Radio Project, updating the Library’s Rochester Radio History Collection’s audio series that was completed in the 1980s.
The collection contains historic equipment, photographs, and documents specific to the local radio broadcasting industry, with a special emphasis on WHAM history and personalities. In addition to books and documents, audio interviews with people in radio production, management, and on-air personalities are available, as well as audio of radio shows and broadcasts.
Fisher graduates Patrick Crozier and Jessica Stokes served as the interviewers, and caught up with local radio personalities from Rochester: Ed Musicus; Jack Palvino; Gary Smith; Joe LoMonaco; Matt Rinaldi; Nick Nickson; Brother Wease; Pete Kennedy; Tony Infantino; Andre Langston; Dan Guilfoyle; Mike Whittemore; Terry Clifford; Ed Ferland; and Mike O’Brien.
The library hosted all of the participants at a thank-you luncheon in November.
The project was funded by the Lowell H. MacMillan Endowment, which was created in 1986 to support the collection of materials related to Rochester radio history.
The next round of interviews will begin in spring 2013.
Brother Wease with Jessica Stokes'12.
Patrick Crozier '11 with Tony Infantino.
Radio history team: Crozier with Cecil Felton, Executive Producer of the series, and Danny Guilfoyle, an interviewee and driving force in the project.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced