Lavery Library Completes Round One of Rochester Radio Project
Lavery Library has completed the first round of the Rochester Radio Project, updating the Library’s Rochester Radio History Collection’s audio series that was completed in the 1980s.
The collection contains historic equipment, photographs, and documents specific to the local radio broadcasting industry, with a special emphasis on WHAM history and personalities. In addition to books and documents, audio interviews with people in radio production, management, and on-air personalities are available, as well as audio of radio shows and broadcasts.
Fisher graduates Patrick Crozier and Jessica Stokes served as the interviewers, and caught up with local radio personalities from Rochester: Ed Musicus; Jack Palvino; Gary Smith; Joe LoMonaco; Matt Rinaldi; Nick Nickson; Brother Wease; Pete Kennedy; Tony Infantino; Andre Langston; Dan Guilfoyle; Mike Whittemore; Terry Clifford; Ed Ferland; and Mike O’Brien.
The library hosted all of the participants at a thank-you luncheon in November.
The project was funded by the Lowell H. MacMillan Endowment, which was created in 1986 to support the collection of materials related to Rochester radio history.
The next round of interviews will begin in spring 2013.
Brother Wease with Jessica Stokes'12.
Patrick Crozier '11 with Tony Infantino.
Radio history team: Crozier with Cecil Felton, Executive Producer of the series, and Danny Guilfoyle, an interviewee and driving force in the project.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”