Lavery Library Completes Round One of Rochester Radio Project
Lavery Library has completed the first round of the Rochester Radio Project, updating the Library’s Rochester Radio History Collection’s audio series that was completed in the 1980s.
The collection contains historic equipment, photographs, and documents specific to the local radio broadcasting industry, with a special emphasis on WHAM history and personalities. In addition to books and documents, audio interviews with people in radio production, management, and on-air personalities are available, as well as audio of radio shows and broadcasts.
Fisher graduates Patrick Crozier and Jessica Stokes served as the interviewers, and caught up with local radio personalities from Rochester: Ed Musicus; Jack Palvino; Gary Smith; Joe LoMonaco; Matt Rinaldi; Nick Nickson; Brother Wease; Pete Kennedy; Tony Infantino; Andre Langston; Dan Guilfoyle; Mike Whittemore; Terry Clifford; Ed Ferland; and Mike O’Brien.
The library hosted all of the participants at a thank-you luncheon in November.
The project was funded by the Lowell H. MacMillan Endowment, which was created in 1986 to support the collection of materials related to Rochester radio history.
The next round of interviews will begin in spring 2013.
Brother Wease with Jessica Stokes'12.
Patrick Crozier '11 with Tony Infantino.
Radio history team: Crozier with Cecil Felton, Executive Producer of the series, and Danny Guilfoyle, an interviewee and driving force in the project.
Latest College News Stories
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization