Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
The Empire 8 has announced that 104 student-athletes from St. John Fisher College have been named to its President's List for fall 2013. In addition, the Conference released the fall 2013 Academic Teams with 13 Cardinal squads making the list.
Recipients of this honor must earn a 3.75 grade point average or higher while participating in a conference-sponsored sport. In addition, the student-athlete must display positive contact on- and off- campus and be enrolled full-time at the member institution. The conference states, "Its commitment to serve the educational needs of its student-athletes is the hallmark of the Empire 8."
In order to qualify as an Empire 8 All-Academic Team, a squad must have a team grade point average of 3.2 or higher for the fall semester. Honored Fisher teams include women’s volleyball, women’s track and field, women’s tennis, women’s soccer, softball, women’s lacrosse, field hockey, women’s cross country, women’s basketball, men’s track and field, men’s tennis, men’s rowing, and men’s cross country.
Find the full list of President’s List honorees on the Empire 8 website.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students