Alumna Crowned Miss New York 2014
Candace Kuykendall ’11 was crowned the 2014 Miss New York on Sunday, January 19, at the Performing Arts Center in Purchase, New York. She will move on to represent New York in the Miss USA pageant on June 16. She graduated with a bachelor of science degree in Corporate Finance and Accounting.
Today, Kuykendall works as a professional model at Mary Therese Friel, LLC, and goes by the name Candace Kendall professionally. Coincidentally, Friel is a 2004 graduate and was Miss USA in 1979. She also works for Chantale Nadeau Model Placement.
If Kuykendall wins the Miss USA pageant, she will go on to compete in the 2014 Miss Universe pageant in Brazil.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download