St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
William J. Pellicano ’80, Co-founder and CEO of PrimePay, was recently elected to the St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees.
As one of the nation’s largest privately held payroll companies, PrimePay provides a full range of integrated payroll and HR support services for small to mid-sized businesses. A 30-year veteran of the industry, Pellicano started his career in 1980 directly out of college working for Paychex, Inc. While there, he held a number of positions within the company, starting as a branch manager in Hartford, Conn.; moving on to Washington, D.C.; and Rochester, NY. He was then promoted to regional manager in the Philadelphia area and, at that time, was the youngest member of the Operations Leadership Team.
In 1986, Pellicano left Paychex to start PrimePay, and over the past 25 years, under his direction, PrimePay has developed its own processing software, a key component of its platform, providing greater flexibility and a scalable model for growth. PrimePay has evolved into a differentiated company through Pellicano’s devotion to highly personalized service, which has allowed the company to grow its client base and achieve, as well as maintain, a superior client retention rate.
In November of 2013, the College dedicated the W.J. Pellicano Pavilion, nestled in the College’s athletic facilities next to Growney Stadium. A former Fisher football player, Pellicano gave a leadership gift to the College’s Vision 2020 capital campaign for the construction of the pavilion. The 3,000 square-foot open-air spectator pavilion includes seating and a bar area for entertainment. The space is available for campus and community events.
In addition, the College’s School of Business honored Pellicano with the Excellence in Management Award in 2010. Outside of his business pursuits, Pellicano serves on the board of Kodabow, Inc. and Kopis Mobile, LLC. He currently resides in Pennsylvania with his wife, and they have four grown children.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members