St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
William J. Pellicano ’80, Co-founder and CEO of PrimePay, was recently elected to the St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees.
As one of the nation’s largest privately held payroll companies, PrimePay provides a full range of integrated payroll and HR support services for small to mid-sized businesses. A 30-year veteran of the industry, Pellicano started his career in 1980 directly out of college working for Paychex, Inc. While there, he held a number of positions within the company, starting as a branch manager in Hartford, Conn.; moving on to Washington, D.C.; and Rochester, NY. He was then promoted to regional manager in the Philadelphia area and, at that time, was the youngest member of the Operations Leadership Team.
In 1986, Pellicano left Paychex to start PrimePay, and over the past 25 years, under his direction, PrimePay has developed its own processing software, a key component of its platform, providing greater flexibility and a scalable model for growth. PrimePay has evolved into a differentiated company through Pellicano’s devotion to highly personalized service, which has allowed the company to grow its client base and achieve, as well as maintain, a superior client retention rate.
In November of 2013, the College dedicated the W.J. Pellicano Pavilion, nestled in the College’s athletic facilities next to Growney Stadium. A former Fisher football player, Pellicano gave a leadership gift to the College’s Vision 2020 capital campaign for the construction of the pavilion. The 3,000 square-foot open-air spectator pavilion includes seating and a bar area for entertainment. The space is available for campus and community events.
In addition, the College’s School of Business honored Pellicano with the Excellence in Management Award in 2010. Outside of his business pursuits, Pellicano serves on the board of Kodabow, Inc. and Kopis Mobile, LLC. He currently resides in Pennsylvania with his wife, and they have four grown children.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades