Countdown to Commencement - Loriane Ngarambe
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Political Science major, Loriane Ngarambe. She was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Ngarambe was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and came to the United States when she was 7 years old. An HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program) student, she has proven to be a role model for students on campus. According to Rodgers, her leadership has been demonstrated through her involvement as President and Vice President of Students of Multicultural Affairs and as a member of the Black Student Union. She is also a peer advisor for the College Bound Program, has been an orientation leader, has worked at the HEOP’s summer program, and has been involved with the Teddi Dance for Love.
Rodger’s admires Ngarambe for her “open-mindedness.” Ngarambe works to make a difference and promote diversity on campus, and served as Co-Chair for the 2013 Day of Celebration and was also a member of the Hunger Banquet Committee.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Loriane Ngarambe!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference