Countdown to Commencement - Loriane Ngarambe
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Political Science major, Loriane Ngarambe. She was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Ngarambe was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and came to the United States when she was 7 years old. An HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program) student, she has proven to be a role model for students on campus. According to Rodgers, her leadership has been demonstrated through her involvement as President and Vice President of Students of Multicultural Affairs and as a member of the Black Student Union. She is also a peer advisor for the College Bound Program, has been an orientation leader, has worked at the HEOP’s summer program, and has been involved with the Teddi Dance for Love.
Rodger’s admires Ngarambe for her “open-mindedness.” Ngarambe works to make a difference and promote diversity on campus, and served as Co-Chair for the 2013 Day of Celebration and was also a member of the Hunger Banquet Committee.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Loriane Ngarambe!
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception