Countdown to Commencement - Loriane Ngarambe
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Political Science major, Loriane Ngarambe. She was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Ngarambe was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and came to the United States when she was 7 years old. An HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program) student, she has proven to be a role model for students on campus. According to Rodgers, her leadership has been demonstrated through her involvement as President and Vice President of Students of Multicultural Affairs and as a member of the Black Student Union. She is also a peer advisor for the College Bound Program, has been an orientation leader, has worked at the HEOP’s summer program, and has been involved with the Teddi Dance for Love.
Rodger’s admires Ngarambe for her “open-mindedness.” Ngarambe works to make a difference and promote diversity on campus, and served as Co-Chair for the 2013 Day of Celebration and was also a member of the Hunger Banquet Committee.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Loriane Ngarambe!
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer