Countdown to Commencement - Loriane Ngarambe
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Political Science major, Loriane Ngarambe. She was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Ngarambe was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and came to the United States when she was 7 years old. An HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program) student, she has proven to be a role model for students on campus. According to Rodgers, her leadership has been demonstrated through her involvement as President and Vice President of Students of Multicultural Affairs and as a member of the Black Student Union. She is also a peer advisor for the College Bound Program, has been an orientation leader, has worked at the HEOP’s summer program, and has been involved with the Teddi Dance for Love.
Rodger’s admires Ngarambe for her “open-mindedness.” Ngarambe works to make a difference and promote diversity on campus, and served as Co-Chair for the 2013 Day of Celebration and was also a member of the Hunger Banquet Committee.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Loriane Ngarambe!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems