Biology Faculty Named National Academies Education Fellows for 2011-2012
St. John Fisher College Biology faculty members Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, and Dr. Edward Freeman, Associate Professor, were named National Academies Education Fellows in the Life Sciences for the 2011-2012 academic year. They received the honor as a result of their selection to the 2011 National Academies Summer Institute on Undergraduate Education in Biology, which was held in August at Yale University.
The Summer Institute brought together teams from 12 research colleges and universities from across the Northeast for five days of presentations, discussions, intensive group work, and other activities. The work was all focused on enhancing undergraduate education, centered on key themes including active learning, assessment, and diversity. Department chairs, administrators, professors, academic coordinators, lecturers, instructors, preceptors, and postdoctoral scholars participated.
The teams worked together to develop material that they agreed to implement in a course during the upcoming academic year. Each team also pledged to apply a mentoring seminar designed to enhance the ability of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and others who mentor undergraduates.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference