Biology Faculty Named National Academies Education Fellows for 2011-2012
St. John Fisher College Biology faculty members Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, and Dr. Edward Freeman, Associate Professor, were named National Academies Education Fellows in the Life Sciences for the 2011-2012 academic year. They received the honor as a result of their selection to the 2011 National Academies Summer Institute on Undergraduate Education in Biology, which was held in August at Yale University.
The Summer Institute brought together teams from 12 research colleges and universities from across the Northeast for five days of presentations, discussions, intensive group work, and other activities. The work was all focused on enhancing undergraduate education, centered on key themes including active learning, assessment, and diversity. Department chairs, administrators, professors, academic coordinators, lecturers, instructors, preceptors, and postdoctoral scholars participated.
The teams worked together to develop material that they agreed to implement in a course during the upcoming academic year. Each team also pledged to apply a mentoring seminar designed to enhance the ability of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and others who mentor undergraduates.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception