Biology Faculty Named National Academies Education Fellows for 2011-2012
St. John Fisher College Biology faculty members Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, and Dr. Edward Freeman, Associate Professor, were named National Academies Education Fellows in the Life Sciences for the 2011-2012 academic year. They received the honor as a result of their selection to the 2011 National Academies Summer Institute on Undergraduate Education in Biology, which was held in August at Yale University.
The Summer Institute brought together teams from 12 research colleges and universities from across the Northeast for five days of presentations, discussions, intensive group work, and other activities. The work was all focused on enhancing undergraduate education, centered on key themes including active learning, assessment, and diversity. Department chairs, administrators, professors, academic coordinators, lecturers, instructors, preceptors, and postdoctoral scholars participated.
The teams worked together to develop material that they agreed to implement in a course during the upcoming academic year. Each team also pledged to apply a mentoring seminar designed to enhance the ability of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and others who mentor undergraduates.
Latest College News Stories
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule