Biology Faculty Named National Academies Education Fellows for 2011-2012
St. John Fisher College Biology faculty members Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, and Dr. Edward Freeman, Associate Professor, were named National Academies Education Fellows in the Life Sciences for the 2011-2012 academic year. They received the honor as a result of their selection to the 2011 National Academies Summer Institute on Undergraduate Education in Biology, which was held in August at Yale University.
The Summer Institute brought together teams from 12 research colleges and universities from across the Northeast for five days of presentations, discussions, intensive group work, and other activities. The work was all focused on enhancing undergraduate education, centered on key themes including active learning, assessment, and diversity. Department chairs, administrators, professors, academic coordinators, lecturers, instructors, preceptors, and postdoctoral scholars participated.
The teams worked together to develop material that they agreed to implement in a course during the upcoming academic year. Each team also pledged to apply a mentoring seminar designed to enhance the ability of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and others who mentor undergraduates.
Latest College News Stories
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest