O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open DRAW’s “My Space” Exhibit August 26
Beginning on Monday, August 26, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “My Space.” The exhibit features the work of the local all-female artist group, DRAW. An opening reception will take place Friday, September 13, from 6:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
“Most everyone has that ‘place’ we go to where we can be alone and separate ourselves, at least for a time, from the routine and rigors of everyday life. For some, it’s a physical place, perhaps a garden, or a sun-soaked beach on a Caribbean island, or the exquisite red rock formations of the Southwest. Still others may find that recreational activities, or hobbies, or even the abstractions of their daydreams, provide the much needed solace, however fleeting it may be. This exhibit takes a look at those special places for the women of DRAW.”
The artists include: Carolyn Marshall, landscape and figurative oil painter; Mary Buchan, oil painter; Kate Lipsky, artist/fine arts photographer; Debra VanWert, figure drawing/painting; Connie Ehindero, environmental landscapes; Andrea Sands, portraiture and multimedia; Jean DeHaven, portrait and figurative oil painter; Elyse Capell, landscape and figurative oil and acrylic painter; Christine Knoblauch, sculptor and mixed media art; and Anne Marcello, watercolors.
The exhibit will be on display until October 4. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The exhibit is free and open to the public. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Libby Pinti at (585) 385-7350 or at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team